Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Chris Hemsworth clarifies his earlier statements on scaling back his acting career over health worries

2023-06-16 01:47
'I wanted to take off because I've been working for 10 years, and I've got three kids that I want to spend more time with,' said Chris Hemsworth
Chris Hemsworth clarifies his earlier statements on scaling back his acting career over health worries

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Chris Hemsworth recently revealed that his comments were blown out of proportion which linked his decision of taking a break from movies to his likelihood chances of getting Alzheimer's.

In fact, Hemsworth is nowhere to slowing down as he nears to celebrate his 40th birthday this summer on August 11. "It all got a little sort of blown out of proportion," he shared on ET Online. as he claimed that the news regarding his earlier comment was not accurate.

'I wanted to take off because I've been working for 10 years, and I've got three kids'

Hemsworth further added, "I wanted to take off because I've been working for 10 years, and I've got three kids that I want to spend more time with." After seeing the results of a DNA test he underwent for the Disney+ series 'Limitless', Hemsworth previously told Vanity Fair that he intended to take a break from acting in films. He discovered that because he received copies of the APOE4 (the apolipoprotein E gene) from both his mother and father, his chance of acquiring Alzheimer's disease was eight to ten times more than the average while recording an episode about mortality.

'Doing that show...made me realize how life is just flying by'

The 'Avengers' star told the publication that "Doing that show, each episode resonated in such a way that made me realize how life is just flying by, and I wanted to be still for long periods and more often." He also added, "The information about the predisposition... allowed me to make all the changes -- whether it be nutrition, my training, my mental fitness. Which is the point of the series. The whole point for me was to give people access to tools, knowledge, and information on how to live a better, longer, healthier life."

'I want to have greater value and work with great people'

As 'The Thor: Love and Thunder' star turns 40 in August he feels "healthier than I've ever felt." He further explained, "I wanna be more curated about the choices I make, things I immerse myself in or I'm involved in. I want to have greater value and work with great people." Hemsworth and his wife Elsa Pataky have three children: twin sons Sasha and Tristan, nine, and daughter India, eleven. The children were on the set of 'Extraction 2' with their father and wanted to be cast. He previously told People that his children loved the movie and that they "were there on set a lot to see this stuff. And they wanted to jump in front of the camera and participate."

Tags news epcelebs