Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kristin Davis opens up about being constantly ridiculed for using fillers: 'I have shed tears about it'

2023-06-11 01:16
'It's hard to be confronted with your younger self at all times,' said Kristin Davis
Kristin Davis opens up about being constantly ridiculed for using fillers: 'I have shed tears about it'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Kristin Davis has revealed that she has been subjected to harsh criticism and mockery on social media for using fillers to enhance her appearance. The 58-year-old actress, who stars in the 'Sex and the City' reboot 'And Just Like That...', said she has tried different cosmetic procedures over the years but has also faced backlash and ridicule for them.

Best known for her role as 'Charlotte York Goldenblatt' in the HBO series who also starred in the 2014 flick 'Fatal Attraction' as 'Beth Gallagher', Davi told the Telegraph, "It's hard to be confronted with your younger self at all times." She further added, "And it's a challenge to remember that you don't have to look like that," she said as People reported.

'The internet wants you to — but they also don't want you to'

She further continued, "The internet wants you to — but they also don't want you to. They're very conflicted." Davis, who rose to fame as Charlotte York on the popular HBO show, said she first experimented with Botox but did not do much else for a while. Then she decided to try fillers, which are injections that add volume and smooth out wrinkles.

'I have done fillers and it's been good'

"I have done fillers and it's been good and I've done fillers and it's been bad," she told the media outlet before adding "I've had to get them dissolved and I've been ridiculed relentlessly. And I have shed tears about it. It's very stressful."

Davis claimed that people often blame her and her co-stars Sarah Jessica Parker and Cynthia Nixon for their appearance when it is actually the doctors who perform the procedures. She also shared that she regretted getting fillers in her lips, which have drawn a lot of negative attention since the reboot premiered.

'No one told me it didn't look good for the longest time'

"No one told me it didn't look good for the longest time," she told the publication. "But luckily I do have good friends who did say eventually. The thing is you don't smile at yourself in the mirror. Who smiles at themselves in the mirror? Crazy people." she expressed. Davis previously admitted that aging in the public eye has been "extremely stressful" and that she tries her best not to pay attention to the criticism. “It can be extremely stressful to be aging and to be compared to your much, much, much younger self,” she shared with NewBeauty earlier.