Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How dinners during 'Indiana Jones' filming inspired Harrison Ford's son Ben to become a chef

2023-06-01 20:15
Chef Ben Ford was undoubtedly influenced by his experiences traveling with his father and growing up with a gourmet mother
How dinners during 'Indiana Jones' filming inspired Harrison Ford's son Ben to become a chef

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: His father may be recognizable to us as Hans Solo from 'Star Wars' or as the whip-cracking, intrepid Indiana Jones, but it's very obvious that chef Ben Ford has never sought to be an actor, as a wealthy man in his own right.

The star child revealed to Williams Sonoma that he developed a passion for food, cooking, and gardening at a very young age. Ben Ford is one of Harrison Ford's five children with his three wives.

Who is Ben Ford?

Ben Ford is the oldest of Harrison Ford's sons. He also has a sister named Georgia and brothers Willard, Malcolm, and Liam. Ben and Willard were reared by Harrison Ford and his first wife Mary Marquardt as he struggled to make ends meet off-screen. Ford and Mary divorced soon after Ford scored a major part and rose to fame.

Ben has two more siblings from his father's second marriage to screenwriter Melissa Mathison. They were married for over two decades. In 2010, Harrison Ford wed actress Calista Flockhart.

Switching from baseball to cooking

A knee injury ended Ben's goal of becoming a professional baseball player, forcing him to change occupations. While attending the University of Dijon, he initially fell in love with the idea of pursuing a profession in cooking, according to Epicurious. Ben then continued his education in San Francisco at the California Culinary Academy. When he was ready, he got a job working for Alice Waters at Chez Panisse, then moved on to become executive chef at the Farm of Beverly Hills. After that, he opened a number of restaurants, including the famous Ford's Filling Station, as per reports.

Roasting with Hollywood celebs

Chef Ford was undoubtedly influenced by his experiences traveling with his father and growing up with a gourmet mother. When he visited his father during the 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' filming at Elstree Studios in Hertfordshire, he developed a liking for roasting. He said, "They were shooting so many films there at that time. Wandering around the sets would be fun, there was James Bond and Pink Panther. At weekends we always seemed to go to someone's home, never to a restaurant, for a Sunday roast. I watched everything," as reported by DailyMail.

'He liked to cook too'

Reflecting on his special bond with his father, Ben said, "My father was definitely around when I was growing up. He was a constant, and he liked to cook too. I gave him a copy of my book for Father's Day, so I hope he's cracked it open and is experimenting for summer, but it's difficult for people to enjoy food in Hollywood. I'm a much bigger version of my dad, so I understand what it takes for him to look like he does. I cook all the time. He doesn't."