Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What happened to Rachel Fuda? 'RHONJ' star opens up about 'lifelong physical and emotional battle'

2023-07-29 15:51
Rachel Fuda received an official diagnosis of systemic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JIA) as a fifth grader
What happened to Rachel Fuda? 'RHONJ' star opens up about 'lifelong physical and emotional battle'

NEW JERSEY, UNITED STATES: 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Rachel Fuda has been dealing with pain from arthritis since she was just four years old. Her first arthritis flare-up occurred at a young age, marking the beginning of a challenging journey that has persisted throughout her life.

In recognition of Juvenile Arthritis Awareness Month, the 32-year-old reality star opened up to People magazine about her diagnosis, emphasizing that her battle with arthritis is both “physical and emotional,” and it will be a lifelong struggle.

Rachel's arthritis journey began when she fell off the monkey bars at the age of four and broke her leg. Unfortunately, when doctors removed the cast, her leg hadn't healed properly and had grown to four times its original size. This early incident marked the start of her ongoing battle with arthritis, impacting her physical well-being and emotional resilience.

Living with systemic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis

'I was having an arthritis flare-up and it wasn't diagnosed yet,' she said. 'They put me on just a small dose of Naproxen, and then it just went away. And I went into remission for years.' In fifth grade, Rachel Fuda experienced a resurgence of pain, leading her to seek medical attention once again. After undergoing a series of medical tests, she received an official diagnosis of systemic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JIA).

"I was out playing with my friends and I just felt so tired. And I had this crazy-high fever that lasted two weeks", she recalled. "My mom was traveling for business and I kept telling my dad, 'Dad, my body hurts so bad. I can't walk up the stairs. I'm sweating constantly. Something is wrong."'

Following her diagnosis of systemic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JIA), Rachel Fuda underwent various tests to determine the root cause of her health challenges. She recalled how the disease severely impacted her daily life, making simple tasks like walking, getting dressed, brushing her hair, and even showering incredibly difficult.

‘Many of us with arthritis suffer in silence’

Living with arthritis was a significant life-altering experience for Rachel, causing her to struggle for years. However, her journey has also inspired her to reach out to other arthritis sufferers, letting them know they are not alone in their battles.

"It's the type of chronic illness that affects children and adults so greatly, but many of us with arthritis suffer with in silence", she said. "I'm here to use my voice to change that; to let people know just how difficult life with arthritis can be on a daily basis and to let others suffering with it know that they are not alone". Managing the pain associated with arthritis proved to be a challenging process for Rachel. It took time for her to find the right drug regimen that effectively alleviated her discomfort and improved her quality of life.