Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Nate Burleson II? 'CBS Mornings' host and ex-NFL star's son opens up about making it through college football

2023-08-11 16:28
Much like his father, Nate Burleson II has taken up the position of wide receiver with the University of Nevada's football team, the Wolf Pack
Who is Nate Burleson II? 'CBS Mornings' host and ex-NFL star's son opens up about making it through college football

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Celebrity children tend to make idols out of their parents and follow in their footsteps by choosing similar career paths.

The Burleson family has quite the same story. NFL star turned 'CBS Mornings' host Nate Burleson has a shiny past with consistently outstanding performances in the world of football. Now, all three of his children seem to be flourishing in the same field.

The show host's oldest son, Nate Burleson II, recently opened up about being a part of college football as a freshman and described what the experience has been like for him.

Who is Nate Burleson II?

CBS host Nate Burleson married Atoya in 2003. She had her first child with Nate, named Nathaniel Burleson II, soon after. The now-19-year-old star joined the Nevada football team Wolf Pack back in December 2022. Notably, this is the same team his father kicked off his football career with.

Their son also shares some similarities with his mother, as she was part of the track and field team of the Wolf Pack and made history for the college as she set three school records.

Burleson II stands at 6 ft 3 in (190 cm) and has taken up the position of the wide receiver on the team. He, undoubtedly, has experience from playing for his high school team at Don Bosco Prep. Besides Nevada, he also received offers from Florida Atlantic and Florida International.

'I have a lot of new things to learn'

In an interview with the young wide receiver, the position his father was known for, Burleson II opened up about his thoughts on starting fall camp at college.

“It's a whole different speed of football,” he revealed to the Nevada Sports Net, “I have a lot of new things to learn, so I’m trying to translate what I have learned in high school to what I'm learning now.”

The NFL star's son confessed that it is a little daunting to join college football, saying, “You know a lot of these guys are stronger than me.” He also shared an accident that happened on the field, labeling it as the "welcome to college moment."

"My 'welcome to college moment' came on Saturday,” he said, “We were doing one-on-one blocking, and I got hit and my helmet completely came off. I don’t think I’ve been hit that hard in a long time.”

Tags news