Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Amanza Smith undergoes successful second spine surgery amid blood infection, says 'I am in good spirits'

2023-06-18 04:17
'This is just another part of my already very colorful story, and I’m going to use it to inspire others to keep pushing through,' said Amanza Smith
Amanza Smith undergoes successful second spine surgery amid blood infection, says 'I am in good spirits'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: There's good news for Amanza Smith fans! The ‘Selling Sunset’ star, in her health update, shared that she had a successful second surgery to replace part of her spine after a blood infection. On Friday, June 16, she posted on her Instagram, about her recovery from Osteomyelitis.

“Part of my spine has completely deteriorated due to the infection, and I’ll be getting new vertebrae and a couple of screws and rods in my spine to replace what has been eaten away by the bacteria,” she wrote while sharing her picture lying down on a hospital bed with a thumbs-up gesture. The 46-year-old then reflected on the ‘positives’ she takes from her recent operation and how the story can help others. “I am in good spirits and positive that I will come out 💯 percent after healing in 3/4 months. Life is a journey,” she said, “This is just another part of my already very colorful story, and I’m going to use it to inspire others to keep pushing through!”

'Thanking you all in advance for the well-wishers'

Smith didn’t forget to thank her well-wishers during her tough time, “Thanking you all in advance for the well wishers, thoughts and prayers. I’ll see you all for an update very soon once the surgery is complete and I’m feeling social media friendly,” she posted. The star was rushed to the hospital after complaining of severe back pain, where an MRI and CT scan revealed her condition.

In a Wednesday update, on June 14, Smith said, “I’m feeling great. I can stand up, I can walk to the bathroom — very important.” This was just after her initial surgery. However, she shared about the possible second surgery that may be needed, “I still have an infection [in] a little bit higher portion of my spine, but it’s on the front of the spine so the procedure or surgery that they would have to do to remove it is quite risky.”

'It’s going to be so worth it'

She also shared an inspirational message for fans, where she wrote, “Sometimes when you’re in a dark place you think you’ve been buried but actually you’ve been planted! If you’re in a dark place, or you’re feeling low, it’s only up from there, so push through and the beautiful flower of abundance and health and goodness on the other side, it’s going to be so worth it!,” according to People report.

Tags news