Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Did Lil Tay die in a car crash? Social media speculates cause of controversial rapper's alleged death

2023-08-10 16:50
The news of Lil Tay's alleged death has sparked a flurry of speculations, with one user claiming that the rapper and brother died together in a car crash
Did Lil Tay die in a car crash? Social media speculates cause of controversial rapper's alleged death

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The mystery surrounding the alleged death of Lil Tay has deepened further, with a wave of speculations and conspiracy theories regarding the cause of her demise.

The 14-year-old influencer and rapper’s "sudden and tragic" death was announced by an unnamed family member in a post shared on her Instagram account on Wednesday, August 9, 2023.

"It is with a heavy heart that we share the devastating news of our beloved Claire's sudden and tragic passing. We have no words to express the unbearable loss and indescribable pain. This outcome was entirely unexpected, and has left us all in shock," the post read.

The statement continued by noting that Tay and her brother had both died suddenly though no further information was provided. "Her brother's passing adds an even more unimaginable depth to our grief. During this time of immense sorrow, we kindly ask for privacy as we grieve this overwhelming loss, as the circumstances surrounding Claire and her brother's passing are still under investigation," the post further read.

Was Lil Tay in a car crash?

The news of Tay’s alleged death has sparked a flurry of speculations on social media, with one user, identified as Jesse Ryan, claiming that the rapper and brother died together in a car crash.

"As someone who was at the scene, I can confirm that both were together when passing. Due to a car collision. The brother was driving. Local officials are speculating "texting and driving" being the cause. The other vehicle occupants were okay with minor injuries," Ryan said in a since-deleted post, according to Daily Mail.

Ryan’s claims can’t be confirmed as some other internet users suggest that the post was a hoax. Meanwhile, local authorities in Vancouver and Los Angeles have confirmed to Daily Mail that they had no record of any investigation into the deaths of Claire or Jason.

Is Lil Tay really dead?

Lil Tay's former manager Harry Tsang further fuelled the confusion by refusing to confirm that the rapper has actually died. Tsang said in an email to DailyMail that he had "been in communication with individuals who have an intimate understanding of the family's situation" but he still can’t "definitively confirm or refute" the reports that the brother-sister duo has died.

'Given the complexities of the current circumstances, I am at a point where I cannot definitively confirm or dismiss the legitimacy of the statement issued by the family. This situation calls for cautious consideration and respect for the sensitivities involved," he said.

However, Tsang is not the only one refusing to confirm Tay’s death. Her father Chris Hope also reacted in an unusual and unexpected way when asked about the news.

“Yeah, you have the right person, but I don’t have any comment right now,” he told NY Post, adding, “I’m not able to give you any comment right now. I’m sorry — I can’t.”

He also denied knowing anyone who might confirm Tay's demise. “Um, no, not that that I’m aware of. Sorry, I can’t really comment or give you any help — I’m just going to let you go,” Hope declared.

Tags news