Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why is boxing such an integral part of Jake Paul’s life? YouTuber opens up about his life-changing moment: ‘I sobered up and got my mind right’

2023-08-21 18:47
Jake Paul recently discussed his life before boxing during an interview with Mike Tyson
Why is boxing such an integral part of Jake Paul’s life? YouTuber opens up about his life-changing moment: ‘I sobered up and got my mind right’

CLEVELAND, OHIO: Jake Paul recently discussed his life before boxing during an interview with Mike Tyson. Back when he was living in Los Angeles a few years ago, the YouTuber-turned-boxer seemed dissatisfied with his way of life. However, things changed in 2018 when he competed in his first amateur boxing battle against British YouTuber Deji Olatunji.

In a recent episode of 'Hotboxin' with Mike Tyson', Paul discussed his desire to leave the Los Angeles lifestyle he had been leading. In addition, he disclosed his struggles with anxiousness. Paul used boxing to start a new life of self-discipline and effort. He relocated to Puerto Rico a few years ago and made the sport the center of his life.

How did boxing rescue Jake Paul?

Jake Paul admitted that he occasionally felt uneasy or worried but fortunately, boxing saved him. He also said that when he was just 21 years old, all he did was go through drinking binges and engage in never-ending revelry, saying that he was "surrounded by a lot of people chasing this like weird lifestyle for whatever reason for validation".

He added that without the timely intervention of boxing, he may have even ended up in jail.

“That would have just let me to jail or dead. That’s when boxing entered into my life. I sobered up, started training all day, got healthy, and got my mind right,” he said.

Jake Paul praises Mike Tyson

Paul paused in the middle of their discussion to consider his historic triumph over Nate Robinson. He felt obligated to convey his views and show his thanks to the renowned "Iron Mike" during this conversation.

Paul began by praising Tyson as a remarkable person before expressing his sincere gratitude for the chance he was given by being given a spot on the Nate Robinson bout card.

He highlighted that without Tyson's help, none of this would have been possible, and he expressed his profound appreciation.

“Man, you are an amazing person man! I want to say thank you for the opportunity that you gave me to be on the Nate Robinson card because none of this would have happened without that opportunity,” Paul said.

On November 28, 2020, Jake Paul and former NBA player Nate Robinson engaged in a highly anticipated fight, which marked the start of Jake Paul's successful boxing career.

The occasion was a sub-fight for the exhibition match between Roy Jones Jr and Mike Tyson. The battle was a spectacle; Paul had already fought once, while Robinson was making his professional boxing debut.

Tags news epcelebs