Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'RHONY' fans accuse cast of going after Jenna Lyons over insecurities about her skin condition

2023-09-04 12:17
The cast of 'RHONY' Season 14 goes to Anguilla, where they brutally use Jenna Lyons' self-consciousness over a skin problem against her
'RHONY' fans accuse cast of going after Jenna Lyons over insecurities about her skin condition

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: The group of 'The Real Housewives of New York' traveled to Anguilla in Episode 8, where they ruthlessly used Jenna Lyons' fears over a skin problem against her.

Fans were so disgusted by it that they moved to social media to call out the whole group.

Jenna and her brother, Spencer, strolled through Rockefeller Centre just days before Christmas.

Jenna began talking about the upcoming trip, which had been causing her anxiety due to her hereditary illness, Incontentia Pigmenti, as the two siblings sat down to dine.

Jenna's skin, teeth, and hair development are all affected by the illness, and fans have now learned the truth about her dental journey.

She's really nearing the end of a lengthy cosmetic surgery procedure to acquire suitable dental implants.

She's had eight bone grafts, three sinus lifts, and various implants installed thus far, for a total of 13 procedures.

Jenna informed her brother that she is especially apprehensive about displaying her skin in Anguilla since she has discolored scarring that is very visible, something she has felt awful about since she was cruelly ridiculed as a youngster.

She subsequently reaffirmed this to Erin Lichy, who came to see her after her dental surgery.

Erin arrived with "homemade" butternut squash soup, and Jenna told her pal that she was going to Anguilla two days early to work on her tan, which evens out her skin tone.

There is also a trip two days earlier with a business class seat available, which Jenna explained to Erin is a basic fact: two things may be true at the same time! She could want to acquire a tan, but she might not want to travel coach.

Immediately after they settled down and prepared for dinner, Erin informed the rest of the party of Jenna's refusal to fly coach.

Erin, on the other hand, frames it improperly with a misquote. "She was like, 'The truth is: I'm not flying down with you guys because I don't fly coach."

The other Housewives were naturally irritated by Jenna, who had failed to arrive at the villa from her hotel.

"Guys with Loveseen t-shirts are going to carry her in like she's Cleopatra or something," Brynn Whitfield said.

Jenna walked in wearing a sleeveless long dress with a big, plunging backline. She's become a little tanner, and she seems ready to have a good time with her buddies.

Unfortunately, they'd been gossiping about her behind her back for hours, and Jenna was unprepared for these lions.

"For someone who is so self-conscious about showing her skin, I'm seeing a lot of it right now," Erin added with a chuckle in her confessional.

Jenna's castmates questioned her about Erin's assertion that Jenna didn't want to fly coach, and Jenna refused to dispute it.

She also reminded them of her Incontentia Pigmenti and said that covering it up isn't as simple as obtaining a spray tan.

She was being completely honest, and it was difficult for supporters to understand why everyone was still so upset with her.

Even Brynn joined the rant against Jenna, stating that she constantly flashes skin, and Jenna, regrettably, answered without thinking.

"Have you ever seen a picture of me on the red carpet showing skin?" Jenna inquired. Brynn reacted immediately, saying, "I don't look at pictures of you on the red carpet."

On Twitter, people wrote, "Jenna Lyons did *nothing* wrong. They're all grasping at straws in their attempt to go after her. Maybe the best way to get Jenna Lyons to open up in a group setting is probably not by ganging up on her."

Another person chimed in, "Her mouth feels like garbage, she wants to tan in order to hide her skin condition from the rest of her friends, and she's literally rich - she's Jenna F**king Lyons. She can do whatever she wants."

Someone else wrote, "The #RHONY women being mad at Jenna Lyons because she shared on her Instagram what she was giving away for Christmas is like being mad at Oprah because she shared her Favorite Things list."

A fourth person noted, "If they want Jenna to open up, then they must show her that it's safe for her to do so. - They know she's not used to girl groups, but bash her for not knowing customs - Anytime she shares something in private, it gets told to everyone That doesn't make someone feel safe."

One person tweeted, "These ladies don’t make sense. You won’t be “caught dead” at a past-its-prime restaurant, but it’s “ew” that jenna doesn’t want to fly coach? Lol."

Another person added, "I honestly think the ladies are being too hard on Jenna. The nitpicking is insane."

How did 'RHONY' star Jenna Lyons get outed?

Jenna from the 'RHONY' reboot has spoken out about being publically outed as a lesbian before she was ready to tell the world.

Speaking to The View co-hosts, the former head designer and president of apparel brand J. Crew discussed being outed in 2011 during her divorce from her then-husband, artist Vincent Mazeau, courtesy to a New York Post report. "I was so overwhelmed with everything that was happening in my life that I just said yes," she recounted when asked to confirm her sexuality.

While Jenna is the first openly gay New York Housewife, she has stated that being publicly outed was painful for her at the time because she had not yet come out to her friends and family.

Why did 'RHONY' star Jenna Lyons leave J. Crew?

J. Crew's sales had been declining for years by 2017, despite Jenna's rising prominence. The corporation was having difficulty adapting to the shifting customer demands brought on by quick fashion and Instagram. Jenna resigned from her position at J. Crew that year to try to find her own footing.

'The Real Housewives of New York City' Season 14 airs Sunday nights at 9 pm ET on Bravo