Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Twitch CEO Dan Clancy addresses why Adin Ross was denied entry to TwitchCon 2023: 'Had nothing to do with their t-shirts'

2023-10-27 18:54
Adin Ross' attire, which included Kick t-shirts, fuelled speculation that this was the cause of their dismissal
Twitch CEO Dan Clancy addresses why Adin Ross was denied entry to TwitchCon 2023: 'Had nothing to do with their t-shirts'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: TwitchCon 2023, held in Las Vegas, was a celebration of the streaming platform. However, it stirred controversy when Adin Ross and some of his associates, including his friends, were denied entry.

The group's attire, which included Kick t-shirts, fuelled speculation that this was the cause of their dismissal.

Twitch CEO Dan Clancy has stepped forward to disclose why the streamer was denied access to the event.

Why was Adin Ross kicked out of TwitchCon 2023?

Twitch CEO Dan Clancy recently conducted a live session to elucidate the actual circumstances surrounding the contentious incident, effectively putting an end to the ongoing allegations.

Adin Ross, who serves as a Kick ambassador, grabbed headlines on October 22, 2023, when he and his companions were requested to depart from TwitchCon.

Ross stated that he attended TwitchCon with the intention of "supporting" the platform.

He remarked, "Whoa! What did we do?! What did we do? What did we... I was just here for five seconds! I paid! What do I have to leave for?"

He added, "I paid! What, I'm here just to... I'm here to support Twitch! What did I do?! Bro, Cuffem, we were here for three seconds, bro!"

Dan Clancy revealed that Adin Ross and his friends had obtained TwitchCon tickets under fictitious names.

Clancy said during a live stream, "They used false accounts to get the tickets. And, that's part of the agreement when you get the tickets - that you're not going to be falsely identifying yourself. And so, that's why they took the action. I'm not going to go into a lot more detail..."

An X user posted the video captioning it as "Twitch CEO Dan Clancy says Adin Ross and his Friends got banned from Twitch Con and Twitch for 'Fraudulently Purchasing Tickets'. Adin says that’s False."

Adin Ross reacts to Dan Clancy's statement

Netizens asked Dan Clancy to clarify if Adin Ross was asked to leave TwitchCon 2023 due to his T-shirt. Clancy stated, "I mean, it had nothing to do with their t-shirts."

"Actually, there were a lot of folks inside that had Kick t-shirts. For those who didn't notice, I ran into someone on the street, and high-fived him," he went on to say.

Adin Ross, on the other hand, had a different perspective. He rejected Clancy's claims, alleging that the Kick t-shirts had a significant role in their expulsion.

Ross expressed doubts about the account-wide bans, especially for individuals within the organization who were Twitch partners at that time.

He found it difficult to believe that they would risk their reputation by engaging in ticket fraud, as reported by PINKVILLA.

Tags news