Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Hope it's more than sexual thing': HBO's 'The Idol' trashed as 'expensive garbage' over 'half-naked' actors

2023-06-05 10:29
HBO's 'The Idol' will release it's new epsiode every Sunday
'Hope it's more than sexual thing': HBO's 'The Idol' trashed as 'expensive garbage' over 'half-naked' actors

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: HBO's one of the most controversial series 'The Idol' has dropped on screen. And, the show has already started making noise. After debuting at Cannes Film Festival, the show bagged a bunch of criticism. And, it seems that the same is happening on the internet as streaming platform drops six-part miniseries.

HBO dropped 'The Idol's first episode 'Pop Tarts & Rat Tales' on Sunday. Seeing the trailer of the show, fans wonder whether the series will include anything other than just "sexual things" in it. The viewers label the drama as "expensive garbage" as they see expensive outfits, the luxurious life of singers, and the drama that follows along with it.

'I Hope its more than just this sexual thing'

Seeing the dramatic trailer, HBO's show features Abel "The Weeknd" Tesfaye and Lily-Rose Depp. Seeing the stars partying, drinking, and showcasing their sexual desires, fans slam 'The Idol' on Instagram's comment section, "I Hope its more than just this sexual thing all The time in The Trailer." Another claimed, "Can't wait for expensive garbage." Another called out the show, "Tell me how it relates to the idol industry again? All I see are half-naked bodies grinding against each other."

A fan took to YouTube's comment section, saying, "It's just screaming, staring, dancing and drinking...who's gonna act?" A fan predicted about the show, "My prediction on this show, it’s going to be one and done after 1 season, I don’t see it having a second season because of the reviews and controversy surrounding it." Seeing the show, a fan wrote, "This genuinely makes me realize how in their own world these celebrities are. They think they are gods- but yall are just people who are honestly embarrassing yourselves. There is more to life than this and I feel sad for them really."

'Intimacy coordinator must have a heart attack every episode after reading the scripts'

Seeing so many intimate scenes in the show, a few fans took to the Reddit thread to slam the content shown on national television. A viewer wrote, "do we think the intimacy coordinator being locked in the bathroom is a message from Sam Levinson." To this, another replied, "Whoever is the intimacy coordinator on these shows must have a heart attack every episode after reading the scripts. Hopefully they are getting paid well." "Gotta be. It would make sense with how much nudity was in euphoria. I wounder if the real intimacy coordinator was stressing out on set," commented another. A fan called out the show to be, "if you view the show as a look into the industry of exploited pop stars, it's actually doing a very successful job capturing it the nudity is just kind of irrelevant rn."

HBO is set to drop new episodes of 'The Idol' every Sunday at 9 pm ET on HBO.

This article contains remarks made on the internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.