Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Voice' Season 24: Who is Walking Eagle? Fans heartbroken as Native American singer fails to get chair turn from coaches

2023-10-04 13:17
Niall Horan was aware of the pitch problems and wished that Walking Eagle had taken a bit more ownership of the song on 'The Voice' Season 24 audition
'The Voice' Season 24: Who is Walking Eagle? Fans heartbroken as Native American singer fails to get chair turn from coaches

UNIVERSAL CITY, CALIFORNIA: He is the sixth generation of the Walking Eagle family. Walking Eagle serenaded 'The Voice' Season 24 viewers with his amazing vocals on "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" as they continued to criticize the coaches for not turning their chairs for the Native American singer.

Walking Eagle was ecstatic at the opportunity to play "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears in front of four musical luminaries. He stated he'd have fun in the audition, but seeing none of the coaches turn their chairs for him couldn't have been pleasant.

Niall Horan noted pitch concerns and would have liked for Walking Eagle to own the song more in his manner.

According to John Legend, it was "too sweet" and required "more edge" to work.

'The Voice' Season 24 coaches slammed online following Walking Eagle's Blind Audition

While Niall was covering the song and searching for extra roughness. Walking Eagle's voice was "welcoming" to John, who was also yearning for more edge. However, fans online was left severely disappoitned in the coaches. On YouTube, fans wrote, "He deserved the turn much more than the “Everybody wants” 17 year old. His voice was much more polished and solid than hers!" Another person chimed in, "I can not believe no one turned for him. Gosh people."

One user also commented, "I loved his performance! Sad he didn't get a chair :( Hope he keeps going, would love to hear from him in the future!!" Another viewer suggested, "I LOVE Walking Eagle!!! How lucky the children are that he teaches!!! Hope he comes back. ️ He was NOT too sweet! Maybe he should try America’s Got Talent?" "NO ONE TURNED FOR HIM??? Heartbreaking!" wrote another. One user also wrote, "I was so mad they didn't turn for him!!!"

'The Voice' Season 24 contestant Walking Eagle is a DJ and a teacher

This calming vocalist wasn't simply looking for a chair turn. He also wanted to show other Native American children that they, too, could enjoy the joys of music. While the coaches liked his sound, they thought it was a little too sweet and required some work to take it to the next level.

He is the fifth generation of the Walking Eagle family. His father is Dakota, and his mother is Jamaican. He is a music teacher at an elementary school. On his YouTube channel, his bio reads as Songwriter/Musician/DJ/Teacher, which sure is a lot of shoes to fill.

'The Voice' Season 24 airs every Monday and Tuesday on NBC at 8 pm ET.