Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Eyewitness details 'shocking and angry' moments after Britney Spears was slapped by Victor Wembanyama's security guard

2023-07-08 02:25
Britney Spears had approached Wembanyama outside Catch restaurant at the Aria Hotel in Las Vegas, hoping to get a selfie with him
Eyewitness details 'shocking and angry' moments after Britney Spears was slapped by Victor Wembanyama's security guard

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA: Britney Spears was visibly upset and angry after she was slapped by a security guard who was protecting NBA prospect Victor Wembanyama, a new report claims. The pop star had approached Wembanyama, who is expected to be the top pick in the 2024 NBA draft, outside Catch restaurant at the Aria Hotel in Las Vegas on Wednesday night, hoping to get a selfie with him.

She claims she tapped him on the back, but he says she grabbed him. That's when his security guard who she named Damian Smith, intervened and backhanded her across the face. A witness who was dining at Catch when Britney entered told TMZ that she said in a "very animated voice" that the security guard "punched" her in the face, as she pointed at him sitting at another table.

'She seemed in shock and angry'

"She seemed in shock and angry. She said she couldn't believe it happened and beelined it for the bathroom," the witness said.

The witness also said that Britney's security guard asked the other guard to come over and apologize to her. He did, but he also said he didn't know it was her when he hit her. Britney was not satisfied with the apology and felt disrespected by Wembanyama and his team. The publication reported that no one from the San Antonio Spurs, who have reportedly shown interest in drafting Wembanyama, has reached out to her.

'Nearly knocking me down and causing my glasses off my face'

The toxic singer detailed the incident in a lengthy Instagram post on Wednesday stating she was "traumatized." "I was not prepared for what happened to me last night," she wrote. After noticing the athlete in the hotel lobby, "I decided to approach him and congratulate him on his success. It was really loud, so I tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention." She shared, "His security then backhanded me in the face without looking back, in front of a crowd. Nearly knocking me down and causing my glasses off my face." The singer further wrote, "I get swarmed by people all the time...My security team didn't hit any of them." The singer also refuted the athlete's claims that he was grabbed from the back.

'It was no big deal'

“I didn’t see what happened”, Wembanyama told Sky News, claiming he was grabbed "from behind’" rather than tapped on the shoulder. He added, “When I came back to the hotel I didn’t forget but I thought it was no big deal.” Metro police are reportedly now conducting a criminal battery investigation into the case.

Tags news