Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'GMA’ correspondent Deborah Roberts lands new gig once anchored by ousted ABC host Amy Robach

2023-09-27 12:47
'GMA' correspondent Deborah Roberts has secured a position that was previously held by the dismissed host Amy Robach
'GMA’ correspondent Deborah Roberts lands new gig once anchored by ousted ABC host Amy Robach

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Good Morning America’ correspondent Deborah Roberts landed herself a massive new gig on the ABC network as the co-anchor of their flagship magazine program, '20/20'

Roberts will be joining David Muir on the program after spending a year as a contributing anchor on the show.

However, interestingly, this position was once taken by Amy Robach who was fired from ABC after her alleged affair with co-star TJ Holmes became public.

A date is yet to be announced for Roberts’ debut on '20/20' but the ‘GMA’ correspondent took to Instagram to share the news with her followers.

Deborah Roberts lands an anchoring gig once performed by Amy Robach

Roberts was extremely ecstatic on hearing the news of her new gig and didn’t waste any time to share it with her followers.

In a lively Instagram post, Roberts shared a photo of her with '20/20’ co-host Muir and wrote, "I have some news to share. I am thrilled and humbled to step into the role as co-anchor @abc2020 alongside my friend and colleague @davidmuirabc.”

She continued, “We are proud to carry on the tradition of in-depth reporting on this venerable newsmagazine which has revealed truths and opened hearts and minds for 46 years, beginning with the great Barbara Walters and Hugh Downs.”

Roberts also thanked her mentor Barbara Walters in the post.

“It is the thrill of a lifetime to travel the path that Barbara cleared for women like me who dreamed of reporting meaningful and life-changing stories. What a privilege and honor to keep the legacy going @abcnews #gratitude. @msmerylin @celineelisemua.”

She wore a shiny gold trench coat and Muir wore a crisp suit.

After her appointment, Roberts became the first official co-anchor for the role after ‘GMA3' star Robach was fired in January 2023. However, it’s still unclear whether she will be on ‘GMA’ anymore.

As reported by Deadline, ABC News president Kim Godwin wrote in a memo to employees that Roberts “is a skilled investigative journalist, oftentimes trekking across the country to conduct hard-hitting interviews providing viewers with relevant, insightful information.”

Godwin concluded, “Deborah is an empathetic reporter, bringing humanity to every story.”

‘GMA’ stars and fans congratulate Deborah Roberts on new career beginnings

Everyone ranging from her co-stars to her ardent fans congratulated Roberts on landing a new project that will escalate her journalistic profile.

‘GMA’ host Robin Roberts commented, “Yessssssss!!! (With a clapping and heart emoji) while Gio Benitez said, “Just so beyond excited for you — and for us. This is so fantastic!”

Actress Viola Davis also congratulated Roberts, “I celebrate you, sis!!! Deserved (With heart emojis)."

‘The View’ star Ana Navarro also budged in and wrote, “This looks like a James Bond movie poster.”

A fan captured the feelings of everyone and summarised, “Congratulations Deborah!! There is never a substitute for talent and hard work and you have excelled at both. @abcnews made the right decision in naming you co-anchor and it's well deserved....well done you!”

Tags news