Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jeremy Vine's latest on-air gaffe is textbook Alan Partridge

2023-11-30 17:51
Radio presenter Jeremy Vine has given listeners perhaps the most quintessentially “Alan Partridge” moment when reading out a surprisingly morbid story on his BBC Radio 2 show. Vine, 58, was telling a tale about an eight-year-old who was boating with their family on the River Hull live on his show. While reading up to the point when the writer’s 12-year-old brother took control of the boat and drove it into a bridge, he started laughing. “I don’t know why I’m laughing,” he said. The contents of the letter, however, were about to get extremely dark. Vine, reading out the story, said: "When I was eight, my parents had a boat on the River Hull, one day it rained and the river rose, my parents let my 12-year-old brother drive the boat. “We were sunbathing on deck, I went to get a drink just as the galley caved in, because what he'd done is accelerated..." Chuckling, Vine continued: "...into Tickton Bridge... I don't know why I'm laughing....okay, this is not good. "The collision took my mum's arm off...blimey O'Riley... I didn't see that coming.” The listener wrote that they would have been "decapitated" if they had still been on the boat's deck. Jeremy ended with: "Okay...well that's slightly lowered the mood." Sharing the post on social media, one listener said: “Purest Alan Partridge moment from Vine, here. Gold.” Vine responded: "I can only apologise." Oops. How to join the indy100's free WhatsApp channel Sign up to our free indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
Jeremy Vine's latest on-air gaffe is textbook Alan Partridge

Radio presenter Jeremy Vine has given listeners perhaps the most quintessentially “Alan Partridge” moment when reading out a surprisingly morbid story on his BBC Radio 2 show.

Vine, 58, was telling a tale about an eight-year-old who was boating with their family on the River Hull live on his show.

While reading up to the point when the writer’s 12-year-old brother took control of the boat and drove it into a bridge, he started laughing.

“I don’t know why I’m laughing,” he said.

The contents of the letter, however, were about to get extremely dark.

Vine, reading out the story, said: "When I was eight, my parents had a boat on the River Hull, one day it rained and the river rose, my parents let my 12-year-old brother drive the boat.

“We were sunbathing on deck, I went to get a drink just as the galley caved in, because what he'd done is accelerated..."

Chuckling, Vine continued: "...into Tickton Bridge... I don't know why I'm laughing....okay, this is not good.

"The collision took my mum's arm off...blimey O'Riley... I didn't see that coming.”

The listener wrote that they would have been "decapitated" if they had still been on the boat's deck.

Jeremy ended with: "Okay...well that's slightly lowered the mood."

Sharing the post on social media, one listener said: “Purest Alan Partridge moment from Vine, here. Gold.”

Vine responded: "I can only apologise."

Oops.

How to join the indy100's free WhatsApp channel

Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.