Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jeezy and Jeannie Mai Jenkins end their 2-year-old marriage, call it 'irretrievably broken'

2023-09-16 08:53
Jeezy and Jeannie Mai started dating around November 2018, before going public in August 2019
Jeezy and Jeannie Mai Jenkins end their 2-year-old marriage, call it 'irretrievably broken'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jeezy and Jeannie Mai Jenkins are ending their marriage. The rapper filed for divorce from ‘The Real’ host on Thursday, September 14, in Atlanta, Georgia. The former couple were married for over two years and had a prenuptial agreement in place, as per People.

The 45-year-old stated in his filing, "currently living in a bona fide state of separation," and that their marriage is "irretrievably broken" with "no hope for reconciliation."

What did Jeezy say in his court filing?

The document filed in court mentions that the ‘Soul Survivor’ crooner wants to share joint legal custody of the pair's daughte Among the first outlets to report, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution revealed, Jenkins and Jeezy (né Jay Jenkins) got hitched in March 2021 at their home in Atlanta, and in the following year welcomed their daughter Monaco in January.

The pair celebrated their two-???year marriage by going on a trip to Vietnam, organized secretly by Jenkins, for her then-husband.

“When Jeezy and I met, we bonded over the similarities and differences of our cultures,” she told People.

“Now that we have a daughter, blending our worlds, it gives even more meaning to explore Vietnam together as a multicultural family," she continued.

Jenkins added, "When Jeezy proposed to me, he decorated his condo to look like Hoi An. It brought the memories of our engagement full circle when we were finally in Hoi An for the first time."

How did Jenkins and Jeezy first meet?

Jenkins shared about her first meeting with the rapper on the set of her daytime talk show ‘The Real.’

The two started dating around November 2018 before going public in August 2019.

"We both went through enough in our life to connect on the understanding that love should feel safe, honest, and pure," Jenkins told. "Immediately, that was a magnetic attraction. We are very attracted to each other's passions to serve. So because we have a mutual joy of having a purpose, we're going to find a way to do that together," she said.

The 44-year-old earlier told about the impact Jeezy had on her life. “I played Up for him while we were dating. This movie is how I would like for us to grow old together,” she said.

“I specifically chose this dance because J is the love of my life and honestly when we met, I pictured the beginning of this… The minute I met J, I couldn’t wait to grow old with him, happily ever after.”

Tags news epcelebs