Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'We're twinning': 'Today' hosts Hoda Kotb and Angie Lassman have a laugh over matching pink outfits

2023-07-14 15:54
'So, Angie, if you were wondering, ‘Will I fit in?’ Yes, you will! Perfectly,' Dylan Dreyer told Angie Lassman
'We're twinning': 'Today' hosts Hoda Kotb and Angie Lassman have a laugh over matching pink outfits

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Today’ hosts Hoda Kotb and meteorologist Angie Lassman left viewers and other co-hosts delighted by donning matching pink suits. Kotb and Lassman, who filled in for Al Roker, had a good laugh during the episode on Thursday, July 13.

While the two of them were joined by Craig Melvin and Dylan Dreyer, Al Roker, Sheinelle Jones and Carson Daly were missing from the show. It was reported that Roker was traveling to Detroit to hold his first-ever Ted Talk on climate change.

Twinning in pink

During the episode, Lassman joined Dreyer, Kotb and Melvin at the desk. Guthrie Savannah pointed out that Kotb and Lassman had coincidentally worn matching outfits. She playfully joked that Kotb had planned it intentionally to help Angie "fit in." Kotb and Lassman couldn't contain their laughter over the unexpected twinning. Dreyer asked them to stand up and showcase their identical pale pink suits with side pockets and buttoned blazers. She said, “Hoda is such a good friend and a good girlfriend that she’s like, ‘Look, here’s what we’re gonna do. We’re gonna wear the exact same outfit.’” They were even wearing matching nude pumps.

Kotb expressed her delight in matching with Lassman, and the temporary co-host exclaimed, “We’re twinning." Upon sitting back down, Dreyer insisted, “OK, besties, stand up. It’s the exact same!” Kotb then said, “Hold on, hold on," as she and Lassman got up to walk in front of the anchor’s desk. The meteorologist expressed her excitement about the match, saying, “I feel great if I’m matching you." Kotb responded, “Well, when we walked in– I mean, I dig a match." After they sat back down, Dreyer told Lassman, “So, Angie, if you were wondering, ‘Will I fit in?’ Yes, you will! Perfectly."

Why was Angie Lassman filling for Al Roker?

Lassman stepped in to fill-in for Roker, who had announced earlier that he would be traveling to Detroit to speak at a Ted Talk event on climate change. Sharing a video from LaGuardia Airport, he said, “I'm going to be speaking tomorrow at Ted Talk Connections about climate change. I'm really excited about this. It will be my first Ted Talk ever," adding, “And we'll have a complete report on it on Today and keep you posted as to when this is going to be live for you to check out. I'm really, really excited about it. And we will see you later and to all my friends at WDIV, coming to see you as well."