Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Drake OK? Rapper announces break from music ‘maybe for a year’ soon after releasing his new album

2023-10-07 00:47
Drake revealed that he has been suffering from 'the craziest problems' with his stomach for years and needs to get it right
Is Drake OK? Rapper announces break from music ‘maybe for a year’ soon after releasing his new album

TORONTO, CANADA: Drake, the Canadian rap superstar, has shocked his fans by announcing that he will take a break from music for at least a year to focus on his health.

The 36-year-old rapper revealed that he has been suffering from “the craziest problems” with his stomach for years and needs to get it right.

Drake says he needs to focus on his health

Drake revealed his condition on an episode of his show 'Table for One' on Sirius XM’s Sound 42, according to Hot97.

He said, “I probably won’t make music for a little bit. I’m going to be real with you. I need to focus on my health, first and foremost."

The 'Know Yourself' singer said that he would reveal about the condition soon enough suggesting it was "nothing crazy." But that he wants people to know "to be healthy in life.”

He said he has been having "craziest problems for years with my stomach. I’m just saying what it is,” the rapper continued.

"So, I need to focus on my health, and I need to get it right and I’m going to do that.

Drake may be out of singing for at least a year or more

The 'God's Plan' singer further explained that he has a "lot of other things that I would love to focus on."

Adding, "So, I’ma lock the door in the studio for a little bit. I don’t even know what a little bit is. Maybe a year or so, maybe a little longer.”

Drake’s shocking announcement came on the same day he released his new album 'For All the Dogs,' a 23-song opus that features SZA, Bad Bunny, 21 Savage, J Cole, Chief Keef and more, according to Page Six.

Drake's latest album features his five-year-old son Adonis

The album is his ninth studio project in the last 13 years and one of the album's highlights is the song '8AM in Charlotte,' which features Drake’s five-year-old son, Adonis, in a cute conversation with his father.

The song showcases Drake’s softer side as he raps about his love for his son and hopes for his future.

“So it’s the same story,” Adonis says in the song, adding “So the goat was running away from the other monsters. And the other animals. And a flower blocking the way.”

“So the flowers of fire,” the little one continued. “The racing car was maybe helping the goat."

"And there was this, some stairs who’s like a jail stairs. And there was one person who was on top. And he got killed by the stick by the track,” the song goes on.

Tags news