Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I'm very skeptical': Tom Cotton raises concern over Joe Biden’s meeting with China's Xi Jinping on 'Fox & Friends'

2023-11-16 16:20
On 'Fox & Friends', Tom Cotton questioned Joe Biden and Xi Jinping's meeting due to the strained relationship shared by the US and China
'I'm very skeptical': Tom Cotton raises concern over Joe Biden’s meeting with China's Xi Jinping on 'Fox & Friends'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton recently made an appearance on Fox News' 'Fox & Friends', joining Steve Doocy to discuss President Joe Biden’s meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping.

Cotton also addressed his and Virginia Senator Tim Kaine's bill, which will require the Department of Education to study the effects of cellphone use in K-12 classrooms.

Tom Cotton feels 'skeptical' over Joe Biden’s meeting with Xi Jinping

During his conversation with Fox News anchor Steve Doocy, Tom Cotton said, "Joe Biden has projected all year long though is this desire to have any small indication of progress. I worry a little but about what concessions he might grant or just the way he frames this Summit meeting is that we want to improve our relationship."

The Senator continued, "We don’t have a relationship with China, it’s not like these are two teenagers dating."

"China is our number one adversary in the world, and what we should be doing is focusing on ways that we can get the better of China to stop them from cheating on their trade deals or hacking into US government computers or floating fly spy balloons over America, none of which I’m sure Joe Biden is going to raise with Xi," mentioned Cotton.

Doocy chimed in, "So much of the leg work is done by the staff ahead of time, we’ve already heard that apparently they’re going to put the Kabash on the components for fentanyl, they’re going to stop shipping it to Mexico. So, Joe Biden can say, ‘Look, what I did and then take away a republican taking point’."

Cotton responded, "This is something China claims they don’t do in the first place. Obviously, they do, and I’m very skeptical again about what Joe Biden may be giving away to get that in return and that China will keep its promises."

"Remember, Xi Jinping promised Barack Obama he would stop hacking into US computers, they keep doing that. Xi Jinping promised that they wouldn’t build islands in the South China Sea and arm them with missile systems, and they’re doing that as well. So, you cannot trust Chinese Communists to keep their word," added the Arkansas Senator.

Tom Cotton talks about his bill that seeks to study the effects of cellphones in schools

Steve Doocy also questioned Tom Cotton on the bill he’s working on with Senator Tim Kaine regarding the use of cellphones in schools, asking, "What will it do?"

Cotton responded, "Well, I think the effects of cellphones in schools have been very detrimental. Most studies show that kids are distracted, that they’re not focused on learning, they’re not focused on building friendships with each other. It’s hard on teachers because they become the phone police."

He added, "So, in studies, I’ve seen that if school phones are checked at the front door and kids don’t get them until the end of the day or not even brought into school, it’s back to a positive learning environment where kids can focus on studying and then in between classes and at lunch, they can focus on building solid friendships."

"Now as a federal government, we shouldn’t mandate that phones can’t be in school but what we can do is provide funds for a pilot program that will help schools offset the costs of setting up say phone lockers at the front of the school and then that’ll produce more cases that people can study," continued the Senator.

Cotton concluded, "Hopefully, that’ll show the positive effects of taking cell phones off of campuses so more schools across the country will take that step and kids can get back to learning and making friends, not spending all day long texting and on social media."