Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

USC Basketball head coach says LeBron James' son Bronny is making speedy recovery after missing first season practice

2023-09-28 05:21
Bronny James' family announced that he was diagnosed with 'an anatomically and functionally significant congenital heart defect' in August
USC Basketball head coach says LeBron James' son Bronny is making speedy recovery after missing first season practice

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Bronny James is on the mend and is taking time off from the court for the time being after he suffered cardiac arrest while his college basketball season nears.

According to ESPN, the 18-year-old son of LeBron James, who had a cardiac arrest during a basketball workout at the university on July 24, missed his first season practice.

But, USC Basketball head coach Andy Enfield told the outlet that Bronny is "doing very well" while he recovers from the scary incident.

"Bronny's doing very well, but we just can't comment on anything medically. He's going to class and doing extremely well in school, and we're really excited for him," Enfield added.

Bronny James was diagnosed with a heart defect in August

Bronny's family announced that he was diagnosed with "an anatomically and functionally significant congenital heart defect" in August. The family expressed that it is something "which can and will be treated."

"After a comprehensive minimal evaluation at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center led by Dr Merije Chukumerije and follow-up evaluations at the Mayo Clinic led by Dr Michael J Ackerman and Atlantic Health/Morristown Medical Center led by Dr Matthew W Martinez, the probable cause of Mr James’ sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) has been identified," the statement said.

Identifying the probable cause as "an anatomically and functionally significant congenital heart defect," the statement expressed that it is something "which can and will be treated."

"We are very confident in Bronny’s full recovery and return to basketball in the very near future," the statement stated, adding "We will continue to provide updates to media and respectfully reiterate the family’s request for privacy."

LeBron James issued a statement after his son suffered the sudden health scare

LeBron spoke out in a statement on X after his son was discharged from Cedars Sinai on July 27. He said that he wanted to "thank the countless people sending my family love and prayers."

"We feel you and I’m so grateful," he tweeted. "Everyone doing great. We have our family together, safe and healthy, and we feel your love. Will have more to say when we’re ready but I wanted to tell everyone how much your support has meant to all of us! #JamesGang," he added.

Bronny supported his fellow USC athletes at the school's football game against San Jose State on August 28 at the Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles during USC's 56-28 victory.

He posed for photos with fans in the stands alongside some of his USC Basketball teammates and the USC spirit leaders, as seen in photos posted to the school's athletics accounts on Instagram.

LeBron said the day his son decided to play basketball for USC was 'one of the best days of my life'

"First of all, congratulations to Bronny on his decision he made. I'm super proud of him, our family is proud of him," LeBron said on Spectrum SportsNet at the time.

"For me personally, it's even more special to me because it's the first time someone out of my family to go to college. Obviously, I didn't go to college," he added.

"It's just a proud moment to see my son go to college, and he's the first one to go college in my family. Super duper proud, super emotional, but just super duper excited and happy for his journey," he concluded.

Tags news