Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Ronna McDaniel slammed after Fox News' Laura Ingraham grills her for dodging question on 'track record' as RNC Chair

2023-11-11 16:17
Laura Ingraham questioned RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel about Vivek Ramaswamy's call for her resignation and the losses faced by the GOP in key elections
Ronna McDaniel slammed after Fox News' Laura Ingraham grills her for dodging question on 'track record' as RNC Chair

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: During a Fox News program, Laura Ingraham confronted Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, asserting that she evaded a question about her track record at the RNC.

This came after the Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy called for McDaniel's resignation during his opening statement at the third GOP debate.

His suggestion drew significant applause from the audience, owing to the recent defeats faced by Republicans, like the loss of control in the Virginia General Assembly and the failure to unseat Democratic Gov Andy Beshear of Kentucky.

In response to Ramaswamy's critique, McDaniel appeared on Fox Business Network, accusing him of seeking attention and alleging that he had voted for former President Barack Obama.

Laura Ingraham grills Ronna McDaniel for dodging question about her 'track record' at RNC

During an interview, Laura Ingraham directly questioned RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel about Republicans falling short of expectations for a "red wave" in the 2022 midterm elections.

The host brought up McDaniel's successful defense of her chairmanship against Harmeet Dhillon's challenge in January, linking it to the current situation where Republicans did not meet the anticipated level of success in the elections.

She asked, "Vivek and others are saying that under your leadership, Republicans have lost election after election and positing the question, 'Why should you retain your job?', given the track record of the party under your leadership, and to that, What do you say?"

To this, McDaniel responded, "I think there was a moment missed during that debate by Vivek to talk about the fact that we still have 13 American hostages in Israel, the fact that for the first time ever in the history of either party, we had a Jewish co-sponsor for a debate and we are in very perilous times in our country."

She continued, "And I do think Republican voters and I hear this echoed all the time, are tired of the circular firing squad within our party, and they are saying, 'Can we please talk about Joe Biden and the Democrats and the border and fentanyl and crime and what is happening to our kids? And inflation?' But I will definitely defend my record as chair."

Ingraham, persistent in questioning McDaniel about the outcomes of the 2022 and 2023 elections, accused her of avoiding answering the question, saying, "You went into another conversation."

"I’m not trying to avoid anything. Let me promise you that, Laura. Listen, when Vivek didn’t vote in 2016, I was leading Michigan to the first win in history in 30 years," replied McDaniel.

Ingraham subsequently inquired about reports suggesting that McDaniel declined to offer assistance when the Virginia Republican party sought last-minute funds before Tuesday's election.

The RNC Chair answered, "A lot of people don’t understand fundraising. I can’t raise state dollars. I don’t get unlimited convention and state dollars and these were state house and state Senate races. The RNC is a federal committee."

She added, "So, come on. Can you just – these are people who come after me all the time. They’re on Twitter. They are all the time. And let’s see their results. What did they do in Virginia? How much money did they give?"

Internet demands Ronna McDaniel should 'step down'

After Laura Ingraham pressed Ronna McDaniel on her track record at the RNC, the Internet brutally slammed her, calling for her resignation.

One wrote, "Her house of cards is beginning to collapse. Well done Vivek… well done."

Another called out McDaniel saying, "Ronna McDaniel should have been fired a long time ago. Anyone else who doesn't perform well doing their job is usually fired. The good old boy club has kept her job for far too long."

"She should never have gotten her job," added a person, while someone else stated, "The party needs to step up and encourage her to step down. Far too much losing to keep her role."

One more said, "She needs to resign," and another chimed in, "Why is she still in this role Well past time for her to get out."