Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Ali Wentworth's witty 22nd wedding anniversary tribute leaves George Stephanopoulos emotional on 'GMA'

2023-11-21 11:48
Ali Wentworth also shared a vintage snapshot of her and George Stephanopoulos, slicing into the sweetness of their wedding cake two decades back
Ali Wentworth's witty 22nd wedding anniversary tribute leaves George Stephanopoulos emotional on 'GMA'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Good Morning America’ star George Stephanopoulos and his wife, Ali Wentworth, celebrated their 22nd wedding anniversary recently with Ali taking the plunge to deliver a hilarious and cute anniversary message to her husband on live TV.

The 58-year-old actress recorded a heartfelt message, aired on 'GMA,' for the political commentator.

Leading the surprise, George's co-host, Robin Roberts, informed him of the special message.

Ali's clip played, catching George off guard. The 'GMA' star couldn't contain his laughter and tears of joy in response to his wife's humorous message.

Ali Wentworth shares ‘hilarious’ anniversary message for George Stephanopoulos

Ali recorded the message from her bed in a completely disheveled look. She said, “Happy Anniversary honey! 22 years of waking up on our anniversary alone in bed, only to watch you interview some beautiful actress on TV.”

She widened her eyes and concluded, “I love you, and come home!”

Everyone including George laughed at Ali’s message.

George however turned a little misty-eyed due to his wife’s heartfelt yet hilarious message and said, “She didn’t answer my phone calls this morning, now I know why.”

George later admitted, “I’m tearing up a little bit.”

Roberts then asked George, “How did you pop the question?”

George joked, “She was asleep. It’s true.” However, he later told everyone that he had taken Ali to Greece.

“She knew it was sort of coming but it was while she was taking a nap and she did say 'Yes' when she woke up,” he added.

Ali Wentworth shared a ‘vintage’ snap from her wedding day

The 58-year-old actress and mother of two daughters reminisced by sharing a delightful throwback photo from her wedding day with George.

The picture captured Ali and George side by side, joyfully taking the first slice from their wedding cake.

Ali looked radiant in a delicate white gown adorned with lace, her golden blond hair styled in a charming half updo.

To her right, George donned a classic black tuxedo, paired with a white shirt and a light purple tie.

Ali sported a broad grin as she cut the cake, while George appeared focused on assisting her through the layers.

"22 years with my one and only… and, by the way, our cake was chocolate!" she captioned the photo.