Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Rachel Bilson 'baffled' after losing a job over her sex comments

2023-05-23 05:54

Rachel Bilson is standing up for herself after a professional setback.

Nearly two weeks after the O.C. alum shared her candid takes on the topic of sex, Rachel revealed that she lost a job in the wake of her commentary.

"It's been an interesting week guys," she said during the May 15 episode of her Broad Ideas podcast. "This is the first time it's ever happened to me in my professional life that I lost a job this week because of things that were said."

She continued, "A job got taken away from me because I was speaking candidly and openly about sex in a humorous way on our friend's podcast. I basically got a job, that I already had, pulled from me because I was speaking openly about sex."

The Hart of Dixie alum—who shares 8-year-old daughter Briar with ex Hayden Christensen—went on to note that she's simply "baffled" by the move: "A single mom, a woman, lost a job because they were being candid and honest and the subject was sex."

During her appearance on the May 3 episode of the Women On Top podcast, Rachel quipped about her favorite and least favorite sex positions, saying in part that she likes to be "manhandled." It was a comment that the actress, 41, says was meant to be lighthearted.