Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why is Robin Roberts taking break from ‘GMA’? Co-hosts Gio Benitez and Rebecca Jarvis bid emotional farewell to anchor

2023-08-31 16:21
Co-hosts Gio Benitez and Rebecca Jarvis celebrated Robin Roberts' departure from 'Good Morning America' to marry her long-time partner Amber Laign
Why is Robin Roberts taking break from ‘GMA’? Co-hosts Gio Benitez and Rebecca Jarvis bid emotional farewell to anchor

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: ‘Good Morning America' star Robin Roberts is taking a brief break from the morning show to get married to her long-time partner and fiancé Amber Laign.

During the latest episode of the morning show, co-hosts Gio Benitez and Rebecca Jarvis gave Roberts a sweet and emotional farewell, imparting advice for a happy married life and also showcasing a message from family and friends.

Roberts is about to head off into the sunset with Amber as a newlywed soon with the wedding expected to take place over the Labor Day weekend.

However, before doing that, Roberts was showered with love and wishes from her co-hosts Benitez and Jarvis and also Lara Spencer who was away from the studio on an assignment.

Gio Benitez and Rebecca Jarvis give an emotional send-off to Robin Roberts

During Wednesday, August 30 episode of ‘GMA’, co-host Benitez revealed that “this is the last time I can call you Miss Roberts.”

Roberts joked, “I know. Next time I’m sitting in the chair, I will be a married lady. I’m going Pro you all.”

Benitez then showed Roberts a clip from her friends and family, wishing her all the love and luck for her upcoming marriage to Laign.

After the brief clip, Roberts asked both Benitez and Jarvis for advice for her big day and the life after it.

Benitez was quick to respond and said, “Laugh together all the time, enjoy that moment together, be present together, as you always are, you know that,” while Jarvis said, “Just be you.”

When asked how she was feeling about the whole thing, she proclaimed "Abundantly blessed.”

Lara Spencer also joined live on ‘GMA’ and advised Roberts to “don’t forget to eat on her wedding day.”

However, Benitez later took to Instagram and shared a heartwarming message for Roberts and Laign.

Posting a few snaps with the soon-to-be bride, Benitez captioned the post, “Sending our girl off to the chapel! @RobinRobertsGMA’s last day on set before she marries Sweet Amber. We just can’t wait!"

Robin Roberts and Amber Laign’s massive bachelorette at ‘GMA’

‘GMA’ hosted a huge on-air bachelorette for Roberts and Laign a few weeks ago where all the co-host played their part.

The morning show had a range of surprises for the couple with Michael Strahan even ‘fake’ stripping for the women of the hour.

Co-host Benitez’s husband Tommy Didario emerged out of a big cake box to surprise the couple while Roberts also received a surprise wedding gift from her sister.

Roberts and Laign have been together for 18 years with the ‘GMA’ host announcing earlier this year that it was time for her to tie the knot.

Tags news