Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Friends' star Morgan Fairchild reveals she secretly had two hip replacements in 2022 after years of pain

2023-05-21 20:47
Morgan Fairchild, who is best known for playing Nora Bing, said that she was in a car accident in 2016 that caused the hip injuries
'Friends' star Morgan Fairchild reveals she secretly had two hip replacements in 2022 after years of pain

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Morgan Fairchild, who played Chandler Bing's mother Nora on 'Friends', revealed she underwent two hip replacements secretly in 2022 after spending many years in unimaginable pain. The 73-year-old screen legend said she underwent the procedures after a car accident in 2016 tore the labrum socket on one hip and sprained the other.

Fairchild also battled another health crisis caused due to hidden black mold in her Los Angeles home, which led her to put on a lot of weight. She said, "I had two hip replacements last year and I feel great. I walk a lot and that is very good therapy. I'd been in a car accident in 2016 where I sprained one hip and unbeknownst to me also tore the labrum socket on the other," per the Daily Mail.

READ MORE

'A Date By Christmas Eve': Release date, plot, cast and everything you need to know about Lifetime's holiday movie

A Date By Christmas Eve': Lifetime's holiday movie puts a magical online dating spin to Santa's naughty list

'I was in so much pain by then'

Speaking about her injuries, Fairchild said, "I knew about the sprained one, because it hurt first. Unfortunately I just kept going to PT because I didn't realize how badly I was injured and that was sort of created a lot of arthritis in the hip. So also with the other one, compensating for the bad one, I ended up having to get them both done. And it's not a matter of saying, 'Oh, how am I going to deal with it?' I am from Texas! - you just deal with it. There are no options And I was in so much pain by then. I am so grateful that the technology is around now," per the DailyMail.

Morgan Fairchild can wear heels again

Fairchild continued, "I went in at 8am, they did it at 11. I got up and they had me walking at four. I went home at 7. You just deal with it. And then I started physical therapy and now I walk a lot and that's very good therapy. The older you get, the more you realize how easy it is for one bad thing to, to one fall to wreck your life." She said that she was thrilled to get back to her usual busy lifestyle and that she could wear high heels.

Tags news