Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Have Bebe Rexha and Keyan Safyari split because of her weight? Singer shares screenshot of BF's texts with body-shaming comments

2023-07-17 16:22
Bebe Rexha shared in 2022 that she has been diagnosed with PCOS, leading to her sudden weight gain
Have Bebe Rexha and Keyan Safyari split because of her weight? Singer shares screenshot of BF's texts with body-shaming comments

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Bebe Rexha seems to be displeased with her boyfriend, Keyan Safyari, as he might have commented on the singer’s weight. Rexha, 33, took to her Instagram story to post the screenshot of a message where Safyari apparently comments on her recent weight gain.

The couple, who started dating in 2020, are yet to confirm their split if it's true. However, the alleged texts from Safyari hint at the tension between the lovers. On the other hand, Safyari reportedly accused Rexha of "trying to find reasons to break up" in the text, along with the reasoning that he was being honest when he expressed that the 'Meant To Be' singer has gained weight.

'You gained 35 pounds obviously'

The text, as shared by Rexha, starts with Safyari allegedly saying, "Hey. I never said you weren't beautiful and I never said I didn't love you. In fact I said how beautiful you are and how much I loved you," before adding, "But I always said I would be honest with you and your face was changing so I told you it was." Then Safyari is seen trying to provide context to their conversation, as the reply reads, "That was the conversation we were having and you asked...," before continuing, "Because I care, would you rather I lied to you? You gained 35 pounds obviously you gained weight and your face changes? Should I just pretend it didn’t happen and that it’s ok?"

Rexha's boyfriend reportedly continued to argue through the text, "Come on I gain 3 pounds and you called me chubbs and fat. Doesn’t mean you don’t love me. If you’re trying to find reasons to break up this makes sense… but it’s not the real reason. If you’re unhappy with me/yourself/with life and don’t see a future with us then that’s ok and that’s the reason. Don’t use something like that to weaponize your anger or anxiety or any insecurity you may have. You know I always found you to be beautiful and loved you no matter what." He apparently even wrote, "I think it’s important for you to think about things and write things down, speak to a therapist and do this retreat thing to get to the root of the problem," concluding, "Let me know if you’d like to speak if you need more clarity. Love you," hinting that his comments might come from a place of concern.

'We should not be talking about people’s weight'

The 'I'm Good' songstress shared in 2022 that she was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), which caused her to gain a significant amount of weight. In her appearance on 'The Jennifer Hudson Show', she spoke passionately against body shaming. She said, "A video of me popped up and I was like, ‘Let me read the comments,’ which you’re not supposed [to do]," sharing an anecdote. "That’s the number one rule, don’t read the comments. But I was like, 'Let me read the comments.' And the first thing up top was 'Bebe Rexha weight gain.' And I was like ... listen, we’re in the public eye so that’s bound to happen, especially, like, I was a lot thinner and I did gain some weight, but that comes with the territory," she continued. Later, the singer added, "I’m not mad about it, because it is true," before adding, "But it's just when you see things like that it does mess with your ... because you don’t know what somebody’s going through. So it kind of is tough, but I feel like we're in 2023. We should not be talking about people’s weight," as per Entertainment Tonight.

'I am not sure what she thought she was going to achieve here?'

However, fans did not like Rexha sharing her personal text on social media. One user said, "Genuinely don’t understand why she would even share this because nothing he said was out of line." Another criticized, "She is proud to be fat but hates it when people say she is fat." The third said, "If she calls him chubby i don’t see a problem with what he said." "He seemed to be kind and sincere about it and she apparently calls him chubby on the norm so I am not sure what she thought she was going to achieve here?" expressed one, while another remarked, "He actually sounds so sincere and very careful with his words. If Bebe is tryna antagonize him by this message then she's wrong lol. He sounds so dreamy," who's clearly on Safyari's side.

Tags news