Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Aya Tanjali? Ice Spice faces backlash over 16-year-old twerking in 'Deli' music video

2023-07-29 16:54
Ice Spice released the music video for ‘Deli’, which takes place in Harlem
Who is Aya Tanjali? Ice Spice faces backlash over 16-year-old twerking in 'Deli' music video

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The deluxe edition of Ice Spice's EP 'Like...?' was released last week to much fanfare. The rapper released a music video for the song 'Deli,' which drew criticism because it features a 16-year-old girl twerking.

In the video for the Bronx rapper's single, there are many instances in which popular TikToker Aya Tanjali can be seen. The 16-year-old can be seen twerking on a tabletop while crawling on all fours in the viral video.

Who is Aya Tanjali?

Aya Tanjali was born in Austin, Texas. She is a high school student and is currently 16 years old. She frequently shares pictures and videos from her school's classrooms, gym, hallways, and facilities. Her mother is a homemaker, her father has a business, and Sophia, her younger sister, is also a student. As a creator, she has more than six million followers on TikTok. On Instagram, she has one million followers.

Aya is a TikTok celebrity and is said to be worth $1 million. Aya uploads videos of herself dancing, performing comedy skits, lip-syncing, taking challenges, dressing up, and traveling with her sister and friends. Aya became famous in 2020 after she danced to 'Sex Talk' by Megan Thee Stallion.

To provide people with the proper context, Twitter modified the rapper 'Munch (Feelin' U)'s post on Wednesday, July 26, to include a warning. The statement warns viewers that the video shows a young person dancing in a sexually suggestive way, which could be against the law in several states and the federal government, as reported by Vibe.

Since Ice Spice and one of the dancers in this video are Instagram followers, Ice Spice is probably aware that the dancer is 16 years old. See below for the 'Deli' video and Twitter's comment.

'I'm actually kinda disgusted that ice spice had that lil girl twerking..'

Ice Spice received a lot of backlash after one social media user wrote, "ICE SPICE NOOOO!!!! AYA TANJALI IS 16!!!!!" Another user wrote, "I'm actually kinda disgusted that ice spice had that lil girl twerking in her music video but let me not say too much." A different user wrote, "I dont know if she know bc aya lie abt her age everyday but i would rlly just delete the mv fr and make a new one cause das like putting a minor in a sexual position. and aya sexualize herself enough as it is."