Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jake Paul and Ariel Helwani rebuff $8M fight pay claim for Francis Ngannou, take dig at 'Twitter geniuses' for spreading rumors

2023-07-15 16:22
Jake Paul and Ariel Helwani deny reports about Francis Ngannou receiving an $8 million payoff for a potential fight against Tyson Fury
Jake Paul and Ariel Helwani rebuff $8M fight pay claim for Francis Ngannou, take dig at 'Twitter geniuses' for spreading rumors

CLEVELAND, OHIO: Jake Paul and Ariel Helwani refute popular reports that Francis Ngannou was paid a staggering $8 million for a potential fight against Tyson Fury. The former UFC heavyweight champion is scheduled to face 'The Gypsy King' in a boxing match on October 28 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Following a widely publicized contract disagreement that led to his departure from the UFC, Ngannou is now on the verge of a potentially life-changing payout. Rumors have been circulating on social media platforms that Ngannou could potentially receive an eye-popping $8 million as compensation.

'Not $8 million. Get it right'

Paul stepped forward to confirm that the prize money for Ngannou's boxing match is in excess of $8 million. Paul took it to Twitter and wrote, "Francis got 8 figures. Not $8 million. Get it right."

He further added in the comments section, "To all the twitter geniuses: 8 figures = $10,000,000+ and Francis deserves every bit of it."

Combat sports journalist, Helwani also disputed the reports. He wrote, "Accurate, from what I’m told. Not sure where this 8 mil number came from, but it is not the truth."

'I think he's created history'

Paul and Ngannou have been in contact for a significant period of time, and Ngannou previously stated that the UFC threatened legal action against his agency due to alleged contacts with Paul's team while he was still under contract with the promotion.

The YouTuber-turned-boxer was asked about his thoughts on the highly anticipated Fury vs Ngannou fight during a recent MMA Junkie interview. Paul stated, "I'm happy for him, and I think he's created history by showing other UFC fighters that they can make so much more money by being in control of their own destiny, which is also what Nate Diaz is doing."

He further added, "You know, this should be Nate Diaz's biggest payday. That's for sure going to be Francis' biggest payday, and hopefully more fighters follow suit."