Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

The Lottery Winners postpone three shows after 'tragic news'

2023-11-23 20:25
Chart topping indie rockers The Lottery Winners postponed a series of shows this week after "some tragic news".
The Lottery Winners postpone three shows after 'tragic news'

The Lottery Winners have been forced to postpone a series of shows after "some tragic news".

The 'Worry' hitmakers - made up of Thom Rylance, Katie Lloyd, Rob Lally and Joe Singleton - have announced that tonight's (23.11.23) London show at the Electric Ballroom will be rescheduled along with performances in Leeds and Sheffield over the next two nights.

They wrote in a statement: "It is with absolute heartbreak that we will be postponing the upcoming shows of our tour.

"During the early hours of this morning, we received some tragic news and we will not be able to continue at this time.

"Tonight in London, tomorrow in Leeds and Saturday in Sheffield will now be rescheduled for a date in the future and all tickets will remain valid."

The group - whose fifth album 'Anxiety Replacement Therapy' topped the UK album charts earlier this year - promised an update on their upcoming shows in Glasgow, Newcastle and Manchester "as soon as" possible.

The 'Start Again' indie rockers - who collaborated with the likes of Shaun Ryder, Boy George and Frank Turner on their latest record - are currently set for their biggest hometown headline show to date at Manchester's O2 Apollo on December 1.

They continued: "We're truly sorry for any inconvenience caused and we appreciate your understanding and sympathy in this difficult time."

The band previously opened up about the energetic and communal feel to their live shows, and how important the bond is that they share with their fans.

Thom told BANG Showbiz: "I think Dave Grohl said it that like, you can have a thousand different people singing the same thing for a thousand different meanings.

"I think people find their own ways to relate to the songs. It's really humbling and beautiful when people come up to me after a gig and say, 'Oh I'm having this hard time and your song really got me through it'. That's what it's all about for me."