Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Craig Melvin skip live segment on 'Today'? Al Roker calls out co-host for 'wandering off'

2023-07-11 12:48
Although Al Roker and Craig Melvin seemed cool in the beginning, things went sideways after the latter ditched the live segment
Why did Craig Melvin skip live segment on 'Today'? Al Roker calls out co-host for 'wandering off'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: In a recent on-air episode of NBC ‘Today,’ host Craig Melvin abruptly left the live segment and walked out from the set as co-host Al Roker called him out for "wandering off."

On 'Today 3rd Hour,' 68-year-old meteorologist Al Roker ranted about co-host Craig Melvin's puzzling behavior. Al and Craig were joined by co-hosts Dylan Dreyer and Sheinelle Jones, and they welcomed fitness instructor Stephanie Mansour for the topic 'Staying cool during summer workouts.' Although Al and Craig seemed cool at first, things went sideways after the latter left the live segment.

Why did Craig Melvin ditch the live segment?

On Monday, July 10 ‘Today’ broadcast, Craig, Al, Sheinelle, and Dylan were joined by Stephanie Mansour who kicked off the segment by sharing top tips on summer workouts. Craig began by introducing the guest and asking her for some tips. Al then asked the next question as the camera moved toward him and Stephanie. Apparently, Craig decided to ditch the segment and unexpectedly left the set. Al jokingly mentioned Craig's departure to Stephanie adding, “Is it a good thing, too, if you’re not feeling great, to just kind of wander off, the way Craig did?” Stephanie, laughed while Craig defended himself off-stage. After some back-and-forth, Craig quickly returned to the stage, narrowly avoiding an inappropriate comment, “I– I– I made my contribution to the segment. I thought I–" Al jumped in, “What happened to the team?” Craig insisted, “I was gonna come back for the end.” Following the call-out, Craig hurriedly returned to the stage, managing to prevent a potentially NSFW slip-up. He whispered a comment about Al, “You’re such a jack–“ but it was cut off. Al caught on and chuckled, suggesting Craig was going to say something like "Such a jack--" but cut off himself as well. The hosts then continued the segment together, wrapping it up with their fellow co-hosts.

Al Roker returns to ‘Today’ hosting duties

After taking a week off for the Fourth of July holiday, Al Roker returned to work. During his time off, he enjoyed a lakeside retreat with his wife, Deborah Roberts. In addition, he received wonderful news as his daughter Courtney gave birth to Al's first grandchild. Al shared the joyous occasion on Instagram, introducing the baby girl named Sky Clara Laga. He expressed his love and gratitude to Courtney and her partner, Wes, for the perfect blessing in a caption, “And then this little girl came into my life. Welcome to the world, Sky Clara Laga. In love all over again. Thank you, Courtney and Wes, for such a perfect blessing. Your baby is beautiful.” Courtney also shared an update, posting a photo of her baby girl in a hospital crib, announcing their excitement to bring her home that day.

Tags news epcelebs