Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kelly Clarkson believes Scooter Braun 'took offense' after she urged Taylor Swift to re-record albums: 'He reached out to my manager'

2023-06-23 14:52
In 2019, Kelly Clarkson wrote a tweet in support of Taylor Swift, saying, 'U should go in & re-record all the songs'
Kelly Clarkson believes Scooter Braun 'took offense' after she urged Taylor Swift to re-record albums: 'He reached out to my manager'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Kelly Clarkson encouraged Taylor Swift to stand strong in her fight for record ownership, but Scooter Braun didn't approve. During a recent interview, Clarkson hinted that her suggestion for Swift to re-record the songs she didn't own the masters to, didn't sit well with Braun.

In 2019, Clarkson wrote a tweet in support of Swift, saying, "Just a thought, U should go in & re-record all the songs that U don’t own the masters on exactly how U did them but put brand new art & some kind of incentive so fans will no longer buy the old versions. I’d buy all of the new versions just to prove a point." Now, Clarkson is reflecting on that time and revealed that Braun did not appreciate her suggestion.

'I think Scooter took offense to it'

"I knew it was important to her, so I thought, 'Why don't you just re-record them? Your fans will support you.' Literally, she's a genius," explained Clarkson. "Not only did she re-record it, she planned this Eras Tour — like, this woman is brilliant." "I think Scooter took offense to it because we ran into each other, and I think he reached out at the time to my manager," she confessed.

"I was like, ‘It wasn’t anything against him.’ I just, when she came out and said that [about her albums] and I heard about it, I was like, ‘Whatever. Like, rerecord them. Your fans will support you.’ They did." Clarkson clarified that Braun didn't directly address or discuss her tweet with her. "I think he thought I was attacking him. I was like, 'I honest to God didn't even realize who had the right.' I didn't even know all the information," she recalled.

'I knew it was important to her'

Clarkson explained that she empathized with Swift and understood her fight for ownership rights. "All I heard was, 'Man, I really want to own [my work].' She writes everything. It’s so important to her. She’s a businesswoman. It felt wrong that she didn’t have the opportunity. Right? That’s the thing," she continued.

"It’s like, if you have the opportunity and you choose to not pay that much money, that’s one thing, but to not have the opportunity to own something that is really important to you … I knew it was important to her." When questioned about whether Swift had expressed gratitude for being a source of inspiration, Kelly Clarkson responded with a no. "She would’ve come up with that on her own, and she maybe already had before I even tweeted it," she said.

Tags news epcelebs