Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It is with a heavy heart I say goodbye': Matt LeBlanc honors his on-screen roommate Matthew Perry after his sudden death

2023-11-15 04:18
Matt LeBlanc also showed his support for Matthew Perry in 2016 as he attended a showing of his playwright debut 'The End of Longing'
'It is with a heavy heart I say goodbye': Matt LeBlanc honors his on-screen roommate Matthew Perry after his sudden death

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Matt LeBlanc paid respect to his on-screen roommate and best friend of a decade Matthew Perry following his sudden demise. The actors played the role of in-screen best friends Joey Tribbiani and Chandler Bing on 'Friends.'

After Perry’s tragic death last month, LeBlanc, 56, penned an emotional and touching tribute on Instagram featuring photos of the pair on the NBC sitcom’s set.

What did Matt LeBlanc write in his post?

"Matthew. It is with a heavy heart I say goodbye. The times we had together are honestly among the favorite times of my life," he wrote according to People.

"It was an honor to share the stage with you and to call you my friend," he added.

"I will always smile when I think of you and I’ll never forget you. Never," he continued, adding "Spread your wings and fly brother you’re finally free. Much love."

LeBlanc joked in the concluding post, "And I guess you’re keeping the 20 bucks you owe me."

Matt LeBlanc and Matthew Perry were known as television’s most beloved best friend duos

While reflecting on where they’d imagine their characters to be in 2021, nearly twenty years after the popular sitcom came to a close, LeBlanc told the outlet that Joey likely "would have opened a chain of sandwich shops," to which Perry added that his on-screen bestie would have subsequently "eaten all the sandwiches."

LeBlanc then added to his answer that it would be a "dinosaur-themed sandwich shop," building off his castmate’s joke. "Bronto-burger."

Perry said he believed Chandler "would be a wonderful father" and "a wonderful comedy writer" while speaking about the fate of his own character.

Later, they joked again as Perry called the chemistry between the cast "magic," and LeBlanc deadpanned, "I would say awkward."

"It’s awkwardly magic," Perry added.

Matt LeBlanc also reflected on how it felt to all be in the same room again

"It's funny, when we do get together, it's like no time has passed," he said, adding "We pick up right where we left off."

He went on to detail on how connected he felt to Perry and the rest of the cast, Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, Courteney Cox and David Schwimmer.

"I think everybody sort of has a relationship like that in their life", he said of their enduring bond, adding "You know that when you have a conversation with that person, it's really heartfelt, it's honest, it's open. You know that there's no ulterior motive. They're significant relationships."

LeBlanc also showed his support for his TV BFF in 2016 as he attended a showing of Perry's playwright debut 'The End of Longing'which premiered in the West End in London in 2016. He shared a photo with Perry from after the show, commending his former costar on his performance. "He and the cast were great. Way to go bro," LeBlanc captioned the shot.

Tags news