Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Don't vote for him': Internet wants 'DWTS' contestant Harry Jowsey fired from show over past homophobic remarks

2023-11-09 12:58
Internet demanded the firing of 'Dancing With the Stars' contestant Harry Jowsey from the show over his past homophobic remarks
'Don't vote for him': Internet wants 'DWTS' contestant Harry Jowsey fired from show over past homophobic remarks

EVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA: 'DWTS' star Harry Jowsey is currently receiving immense hate online for homophobic comments he made two years ago.

During an October 2021 episode of his podcast 'Tap In with Harry Jowsey', he used a homophobic slur toward YouTube star James Charles.

At that point in time, Harry said, "James Charles is trying to f**k me. He's just some f****t."

However, it seems like the fans are still bashing him for his remarks that have surfaced online again.

An X user said, "Harry Jowsey is a homophobe btw, don't vote for him."

Another user went on to say, "People finally remember that Harry said a whole a** homophobic slur, I see."

One internet user added, "Words that slip out are your true thoughts."

Another critic noted, "You can't 'let such a word slip out' if you don't think it or speak these words behind closed doors."

A social media user chimed in, "He really took it down and thought we would forget about it."

A comment read, "I’m so tired of people using slurs and then only apologizing when they’re caught and there’s backlash."

Harry Jowsey issued apology for past controversial comments

After the podcast came out in 2021, Harry issued an apology for using homophobic slurs against James Charles on Instagram.

At the time, Jowsey told his Instagram followers, "I just wanted to come on here and say that I am extremely embarrassed about myself, my actions, and the fact that I let such a word slip out."

He went on to say, "I just want to say to James, my friend, that I said this word about. I am deeply sorry. We have mended things in private, but I just wanted to come on here and say that to the rest of the LGBTQ+ community that I'm going to take some time to educate myself on this and apologize."

He added, "This word doesn't belong in my vocabulary, and it shouldn't be spoken about."

Harry Jowsey gains sympathy after announcing death of his pet

In October 2023, Jowsey shared the heartbreaking news of his puppy's death.

In a post, he wrote, "We lost Bean this weekend. When we were about to leave this weekend she fell off the couch and landed flat on her back."

Harry stated that he and Rylee Arnold took his young pup to the emergency vet where they told them it "wasn't looking good for her."

He shared, "I made sure they did everything they could to save her."

Jowsey added, "Yesterday they called me and told me that I had to come say goodbye, so me and Rylee came down and gave her one last kiss and cuddle before she passed."

Harry Jowsey transforms into Justin Timberlake for 'Dancing With The Stars' performance

In 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 32 Episode 7 titled 'Music Video Night', Harry transformed into Justin Timberlake.

During the episode, Jowsey and his partner Rylee performed a Jazz dance performance on NSYNC's 'It's Gonna Be Me'.

To resemble Justin Timberlake, he had the frosted curls on. We must say, he looked pretty similar to Justin.

Adrian Peterson supports anti-Harry Jowsey comments on the internet

Adrian Peterson who got evicted in the fourth week from the dance contest with his partner Britt Stewart recently liked a hate comment about Harry Jowsey on the internet.

Peterson just dropped a sweet snap of his daughter on Instagram.

"This is how baby girl was looking at the @dancingwiththestars judge’s @carrieanninaba @derekhough @brunotonioliofficial after I was eliminated Disney’s week! #hilarious #meme #omg #disappointed #lol #babyofmine #she #so #precious," he wrote in the caption of the post.

Many of his followers laughed at the picture, meanwhile, one user insulted Harry in the comments by writing, "Yet that Harry dude is still on the show getting worse every week. You were improving every week. You deserved to stay."

Soon after, the eagle-eyed Reddit fans noticed that Peterson had liked the anti-Harry Jowsey comment.

Some fans stated that he wasn't insulting Harry but rooting for him. On the other hand, several users mentioned that Adrian doesn't like Harry.

Tags news