Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'America got it wrong': 'AGT' fans furious as country singer Mitch Rossell gets eliminated and Hurricane the dog advances to finale

2023-08-24 11:28
Fan-favorite country singer Mitch Rossell was eliminated from 'AGT' Season 18 before the finale despite ranking in this week's top five
'America got it wrong': 'AGT' fans furious as country singer Mitch Rossell gets eliminated and Hurricane the dog advances to finale

PASADENA, CALIFORNIA: This week, 'America's Got Talent' Season 18 proceeded to the competition's second round, known as "Qualifiers." 55 artists are separated into five groups for five weeks of performances in this phase, with the goal of progressing to the Finals.

While series judges Simon Cowell, Sofia Vergara, Heidi Klum, and Howie Mandel are still on hand to provide their support and analysis of the acts, the power is now in America's hands. Only two acts from each of the five qualifying groups will be chosen to represent America in the 'AGT' finale.

There are only two finalists left in the competition this week: Adrian Stoica and his dog, Hurricane, and Heidi's Golden Buzzer winner, singer Lavender Darcangelo. Despite making it into the top five this week, fan favorite country singer Mitch Rossell was ousted before the finals.

Who performed on 'America's Got Talent' Season 18 Qualifier 1?

Encore performances were given by Heidi's Golden Buzzer singer Lavender, as well as dog act Adrian & Hurricane, stand-up Maureen Langan, ventriloquist Brynn Cummings, dancer Lambros Garcia, dance troupe Oleksandr Leshchenko & Magic Innovation, singer Mitch, choir Sainted, the band True Villains, guitarist John Wines, and danger act Ray Wold.

Who went through on 'America's Got Talent' Season 18 to the finale?

Terry Crews offered a look back at August 22's performances as the 11 musicians awaited their fate. The 'AGT' host then began revealing the results of Tuesday night's voting. He initially called Ray, Mom, and Brynn to the stage. Brynn, whose ventriloquist acts the night before included twin puppets and a hint of magic, was the first act to make the night's Top 5.

We were presented with the new Sonic Route 44 Lounge after a commercial break. Terry then summoned John and Oleksandr to the stage to discover their outcomes. Oleksandr was the act that advanced to the Top 5.

The results kept coming in, with Lavender, who played Foreigner's 'I Want to Know What Love Is,' making the Top 5, while Lambros Garcia was eliminated. "America, I am so happy with you for voting for Lavender," Heidi exclaimed after bestowing the Golden Buzzer on the amazing singer.

Mitch and the True Villains were the fourth group to be invited forward. Mitch, a country singer, was still in the running for the finals. Sainted, Maureen, Adrian, and Hurricane were the final group called up for the 'AGT' results. Between Sainted and Adrian, the vote had to be close, but Adrian won.

Following the Top 5 reveal, a clip of 'AGT' presents Superstars Live was shown, which introduced performances by season 14 winner Kodi Lee and 2019 AGT winner Aidan Bryant, followed by Pack Drumline, The Human Fountains, who invited Heidi to the stage to join them in spitting water, and Light Balance.

Then it was time to get down to business for the night. The Top 2 will be revealed, but first Terry will unveil the Top 3: Lavender, Mitch, Adrian, and Hurricane, sending Brynn and Oleksandr home. Lavender was the first act to make it to the Top 10 and the finals.

Adrian and Hurricane were the second act to make it through on 'AGT' tonight. Disappointed fans took to X to write, "Wow did America get it wrong. Mitch should have been one of the top two instead of that ridiculous dog act."

Another person chimed in, "Should have been Mitch and hurricane in the finals!!" One also added, "I know y’all did not vote through a dog act over Mitch Rossel." A fourth fan tweeted, "@mitch_rossell was robbed on #AGT tonight! We adore you Mitch!"

One user sighed, "Hurricane won over Mitch…ain’t no way." Another person added, "Hey @SimonCowell America got it wrong @mitch_rossell should be in the finals." Others wrote, ".@SimonCowell #AGT Seriously? The dog show was lame, to the point where I left the room to do something else. To let Mitch and Marlene go tells me that I don’t need to watch the rest of the season. It’s literally a dog and pony show." One wrote, "OMG! Sorry but I won’t pay to go see a dog act. Sorry @mitch_rossell

you deserved it but you showed millions more why we love you!"

Who will perform on 'AGT' Season 18 Live Show 2?

Three G, Alfie Andrew, Erica Coffelt, Andrew Stanton, Dani Kerr, Ahren Belisle, Sharpe Family Singers, Ryland, Steel Panther, Murmuration, and Terry's Golden Buzzer act Chioma & the Atlanta Drum Academy are among the 11 performers appearing next week.

'America’s Got Talent' Season 18 airs Tuesday and Wednesday nights at 8 pm ET/PT on NBC