Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'DWTS' Season 32 viewers dub Charity Lawson's 'Music Video Night' performance 'least favorite'

2023-11-08 12:59
'DWTS' Season 32 judges want Charity Lawson to step up her performance
'DWTS' Season 32 viewers dub Charity Lawson's 'Music Video Night' performance 'least favorite'

BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA: 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 32 celebrity dancer Charity Lawson has been a perfectionist since her debut on the ABC show. However, the viewers weren't impressed with Charity's 'latest favourite' performance.

During 'Music Video Night', Charity and her pro partner Artem Chigvintsev performed jazz to Janet Jackson's song 'All For You'. They received 8s from all four judges and scored a total of 32 out of 40.

However, Bruno praised Charity for taking on Janet but advised her to focus on power and precision. Meanwhile, Carrie Ann praised Artem's choreography but said that she didn't 'believe it' the entire time.

Derek agreed that Charity needed to step it up. However, guest judge, Paula Abdul, who choreographed for Janet, told Charity to step into her power more.

Meanwhile, the 'DWTS' viewers appeared to agree with Derek and said that Charity's performance has lowered with the episodes. A social media user wrote, "I think both her and Jason are sliding a bit whereas Ariana and Xochitl are improving..."

Another person noted, "I think she took a big step backwards tonight. I am a little sad about it. She could win, but not with that. She needs a big moment and it just wasn’t there tonight and I think she won’t be in contention now."

Another Reddit user said, "She's technically great, but there's no oomph behind her moves." Another X user penned, "I couldn’t agree anymore with the judges feedback for Charity tonight. She’s great but so proper & precise which isn’t bad but we need a little more UMPH!"

Another critic tweeted, "Ugh charity I was looking at the other girls the whole time.. she just seems stiff? Like dainty and scared…. She has got to COMMAND. The stage. The personality is not there."

Comment
byu/Amazing_Chipmunk5321 from discussion
indancingwiththestars Least favorite dance by Charity.
byu/Amazing_Chipmunk5321 indancingwiththestars Comment
byu/Amazing_Chipmunk5321 from discussion
indancingwiththestars

Charity Lawson shows 'dissatisfaction' over judges' scores

Charity Lawson and partner Artem Chigvintsev recently shared dissatisfaction with the judges' scores amid postie comments. After Disney Week, Charity wanted specific feedback from the judges to improve her performance.

However, she got positive comments, but lower scores than she wanted. Charity was left confused by all the judges' comments.

Judge Carrie Ann Inaba stated that Charity's legs could be more precise. Meanwhile, Derek Hough commented that Charity could use some of her competitor Lele Pons' 'power and attack.'

Guest judge Niecy Nash-Betts mentioned that the couple's under-the-leg slide looked 'clunky.' Despite the criticism, Charity earned 35 out of 40 points from the judges which left even the performer stunned.

Charity Lawson's emotional performance earns her first 10s

During 'DWTS' Season 32 'Most Memorable Year' night, Charity Lawson and partner Artem Chigvintsev performed a Contemporary number to 'Lose You to Love Me' by Selena Gomez. However, Charity and Artem's stirring performance bagged them perfect scores from the judges.

Through her performance, Charity showed the infidelity that she had in previous relationships before becoming engaged to her fiancé Dotun Olubeko on the finale of her season of 'The Bachelorette'.

Charity's moving performance was loved and praised by the judges, Derek Hough, Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli.

'DWTS' Season 32 new episodes air every Tuesday at 8 pm ET on Disney+ and ABC.