Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Kai Cenat goes online for first time after Union Square giveaway riot, receives support from fans as he condemns rioters: 'That s**t is not cool'

2023-08-11 15:19
Kai Cenat said, 'I had good intentions for this whole thing and none only that but I don't condone any of the things that went on that day'
Kai Cenat goes online for first time after Union Square giveaway riot, receives support from fans as he condemns rioters: 'That s**t is not cool'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Kai Cenat made his first appearance since Union Square's PS5 giveaway uproar, which had stirred up controversies. Cenat, a well-known figure in the realm of Twitch streaming, has garnered an impressive following of 6.3 million on the platform.

In recent events, Cenat found himself entangled in alleged charges, encompassing accusations of unlawful assembly and incitement of a riot.

To those unfamiliar with the situation, during the giveaway event, Cenat found himself surrounded by a throng of fervent fans, resulting in an incident where he was targeted by a "swatting" attempt.

The unfolding of events took an unforeseen tragic turn as the prominent Twitch personality was apprehended by the New York Police Department (NYPD) under the charge of fanning the flames of a riot amid his fanbase.

In the course of the live stream, Cenat offered insights into his initial intentions leading up to the giveaway contest. He also disclosed his desire to express gratitude to his fans who have propelled him into the ranks of the most popular streamers.

Kai Cenat’s claims: ‘That s**t is not cool’

In his inaugural live stream following the accusations stemming from the PS5 giveaway contest, Cenat addressed a range of topics.

Initially, he voiced his disillusionment with the event itself, outlining his discontent, "I am beyond, bro, disappointed. Beyond disappointed in anybody that became destructive that day, bro. 100% bro, that sh*t is not cool my n-word.”

Delving deeper, Cenat provided insight into his initial motives for participating in the giveaway, “And I want people to know that none of that was my intention. You know what I am saying? I had good intentions for this whole thing and none only that but I don't condone any of the things that went on that day.”

He then proceeded to provide a concise overview of the behavior exhibited by individuals during the giveaway, taking a stand against the rioters and raising probing questions. “None of that is cool! I'm seeing random videos of people getting sturdy on people's cars. And I'm asking myself while watching the video, 'Why!?!' Like, why?"

Furthermore, Cenat shared his aspiration of organizing similar giveaways in the future, expressing his fondness for creating positive experiences, “Ever since I started doing this, bro, it has been my dream to want to give back to the community that made me who I am, bro, that's always been my whole- I feel that anyone who is a big person can agree that wherever you come from, you want to give back to the community, and you want to do nice things."

He also openly admitted to recognizing the extent of influence wielded by individuals in his position. “But after Friday, bro, I've come to realize the amount of not only power but influence that I have on people. I've come to realize that s**t..."

‘Kai never disappoints his returns’

After watching the video of Kai Cenat, more than 6k people commented on the video. One fan said, "U Can see how mature Kai is and how much he cares and him praying is 🔛🔝. And i will definitely also be praying 4 him n i hope he’s doing good.💗"

Another fan said, "Real people and fans know Kai doesn’t condone violence he’s a genuine good dude. Goes to show the fame and popularity can be a double edged sword 🗡️"

A third user said, "Respect kai for being strong and collective, alot of people would crumble mentally if they were put in a similar situation… ❤️"

A fourth user said, "You’re gonna be ok Kai! I know it dude I hope you’ve got a few good lawyers helping you out - it was a mistake they have to see that. You’re a good man. Best of luck going forward my guy ❤️"

A fifth user wrote, "Kai never disappoints his returns 😮😮🎉🎉🎉"

Tags news