Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'A horrible movie': Alec Baldwin once called his Tom Cruise co-starrer 'Rock of Ages' a 'complete disaster'

2023-06-05 21:57
'The plane is buffeting, the engine is on fire,' Alec Baldwin said about his experience while filming 'Rock of Ages'
'A horrible movie': Alec Baldwin once called his Tom Cruise co-starrer 'Rock of Ages' a 'complete disaster'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: After the enormous success of ‘Top Gun: Maverick’, Tom Cruise is giving his heart and soul to the latest offering of the ‘Mission Impossible’ series. Of late, just the presence of Tom Cruise in a movie appears to guarantee its success. Not only are his fans gushing about the star’s magnetic pull, but his co-stars also don’t feel shy about praising his impeccable desire to put his best in a movie. However, there was once a time when one of his co-stars, Alec Baldwin, felt one of his movies was a “disaster.”

Tom Cruise’s ‘Rock of Ages’ co-star Alec Baldwin said during a stint as MSNBC host in 2013 that it was a "horrible movie.” He also revealed he chose the movie due to its stellar cast, including Tom Cruise.

'It was a complete disaster'

According to The Wrap, Baldwin said, “It was a complete disaster,” before claiming that he initially chose the movie because of his liking for the director Adam Shankman. He further revealed a cast that included Russell Brand and Tom Cruise also inspired him to take up the project.

However, a week into the project, the Emmy-winning actor had already realized his mistake. ‘The Boss Baby’ actor continued, “A week in you go, ‘Oh God, what have I done?'” before saying an actor has the ability to sense if the movie is going to be a dull one. “The plane is buffeting, the engine is on fire,” Baldwin said about the situation.

Marvel villain that wasn't to be

However, 'Rock of Ages' was not Baldwin's only bad decision. While he never said he regretted it, he had to let go of a coveted role as a Marvel villain. When asked if he was ever offered a role in a superhero movie during a 2013 interview with Howard Stern, ‘The Departed’ star said, "I have, but I won't mention which one," before continuing, "I don't want to undo somebody because they hired someone else to do it. But they asked me to play a villain in one of these Marvel Comics movies."

He elaborated that he chose not to take on the offer because his wife Hilaria was pregnant at the time. He continued, "I wasn't available, they wanted me to work a certain time. And because of my wife's pregnancy, I had to turn down two films this summer that I wanted to do." While he did not mention which two roles were on offer, he said he wished he could have done them. Who knows, had he done those two movies, Baldwin might have had a separate fanbase altogether!

Tags news epcelebs