Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Will Kody Brown get married again? 'Sisters Wives' star says he 'hit the bottom' after three divorces

2023-08-21 10:45
Ahead of 'Sisters Wives' Season 18, Kody Brown also admitted that he would be interested in reconciling with Janelle
Will Kody Brown get married again? 'Sisters Wives' star says he 'hit the bottom' after three divorces

MURRAY, UTAH: 'Sisters Wives' star Kody Brown had a blissful experience with his four wives at the beginning of his plural marriage. However, things took a u-turn after he spent decades growing his family.

The last two years have been difficult for Kody. From jealousy between the wives to children feeling neglected to the legal repercussions, Kody's polyamorous marriage reached its breaking point.

However, as Kody along with his four wives, three of whom he has now divorced, is returning to the TLC show, he reflected on whether would add another wife to his polyamorous set-up.

Will Kody Brown marry for the fourth time?

Kody Brown, 54, was 'spiritually married' to four women: Christine Brown, Janelle Brown, Robyn Brown and Meri Brown. However, Kody is now left with only his fourth wife, Robyn, standing beside him after the other three left him in a span of 14 months.

Kody unexpectedly found himself in a monogamous marriage and his perspective on his future has seemingly shifted. In a recent interview with People, Kody couldn't find any reason to marry again.

Kody shared with the outlet, "The idea of ever marrying again after the experience I've had, there’s no reason for me to do that."

Kody further explained, "I feel like I've hit the bottom of a deep swimming pool, but I've pushed off and am headed to the surface."

Kody Brown is 'very interested in reconciling' with Janelle

While Kody Brown is not interested in another marriage, he wants to reconcile with his previous wife, Janelle Brown. Kody revealed that he is still looking for reconciliation with Janelle after her departure in December last year.

Kody talked to People about Janelle, "I won't say she's been wishy-washy about the departure." The TLC show's star continued, "But I keep thinking, 'This isn't a reason for us to break up. We can work through this. We can find trust again and negotiate an agreement on that trust if we'll just work on it.'"

Meanwhile, Janelle didn't seem to have similar thoughts. She admitted that it was really hard for her to be in a plural marriage. Janelle added, "Meri and I clashed on everything. Kody and I were amazing when it was just us, but the family dynamic was really tough."

However, Janelle doesn't "have any regrets" about tying the knot with Kody. She noted that the "experience is what gave us the life that we have now."

Who is 'Sisters Wives' star Kody Brown?

Kody Brown was born on January 17, 1969, and hails from Lovell, Wyoming. He was raised as a Mormon by parents Genielle and William Brown.

Kody's father was a polygamist later in his life, and eventually had three wives of his own. Kody appeared to follow in his father's footsteps and married four women, Robyn, Christine, Janelle and Meri Brown.

Kody legally married Meri in April 1990. After the couple decided to practice polygamy, Kody 'spiritually married' Janelle in 1993 and Christine in 1994.

However, Kody and Meri eventually decided to divorce in September 2014, so Kody could legally marry Robyn. The pair tied the knot in 2014 and had been growing strong since then.

Kody also adopted Robyn's children from a previous marriage. Kody is best known for the TLC show 'Sister Wives', which premiered in September 2010 and documents his life.

Who is 'Sisters Wives' star Janelle Brown?

Janelle Brown was born on May 6, 1969, and rose to fame after starring alongside Kody Brown on TLC's 'Sister Wives'. The reality star was not raised a polygamist.

However, Janelle was introduced to Kody by Meri Brown, his first wife. Kody married Janelle 'spiritually' in 1993, just two years after he tied the knot with Meri.

Together, Janelle and Kody have six kids, Logan, Hunter, Robert, Gabriel, Maddie and Savannah. They are also grandparents. Daughter Maddie and her husband, Caleb Brush, have two children of their own: son Axel and daughter Evangalynn.

Janelle confirmed in December 2022 that she and Kody had been “separated for several months” as they approached their 30th wedding anniversary.

'Sister Wives' Season 18 premieres on Sunday, August 20 at 10 pm ET on TLC.