Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Joy Behar OK? 'The View' host recalls scary incident that drove ABC show to change its chairs

2023-07-28 12:16
After Mitch McConnell froze up during a news conference, the incident prompted the co-hosts to discuss some of their own scary mishaps on ‘The View'
Is Joy Behar OK? 'The View' host recalls scary incident that drove ABC show to change its chairs

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Unlike a lot of talk shows, ‘The View’ doesn’t have comfortable couches, but instead, high chairs for the co-hosts to sit on during the segments. By the looks of it, these chairs have proven to be dangerous for the co-hosts, especially Joy Behar. On Thursday, July 27, Whoopi Goldberg mentioned a shocking incident involving Behar and the chairs.

Behar was hardly embarrassed by the incident as she gave details about what happened, and it was revealed that Goldberg was more worried about Behar than Behar herself. After Mitch McConnell froze up during a news conference, the incident prompted the co-hosts to discuss some of their own scary mishaps on ‘The View.’

‘My tush missed the seat’

After having discussed McConnell and wishing him well, Behar was the one who brought up the previous incident which involved her falling on stage. Behar looked at Goldberg and asked, “Remember when I fell on stage here?” Goldberg responded instantly, “I do remember, I wasn’t even going to bring it up, because it scared us so badly.” Behar casually asked, “Why? My tush missed the seat, that’s all. I was trying to get on, and the thing swirled, that’s all.” However, Goldberg didn’t agree with Behar as she further explained, “You didn’t see what we saw. We saw you trying to figure out how not to fall onto the floor, and that was scary. Because you don’t know whether to catch you and annoy you.” Behar interrupted Goldberg, “But the chair kept moving, it was like a ride to Coney Island.” The co-hosts laughed as Behar made light of her own accident, putting the entire blame on the chairs.

‘The View’ changed its chairs for Behar

It was after Behar’s accident that ‘The View’ switched from swirling chairs to more stable chairs for the co-hosts to sit on. After Griffin joked that it was the chair’s fault that Behar fell, Goldberg agreed, “Yeah, no, the chair was moving.” Behar then spoke about the change of chairs, “it was, it was swirling, that’s why we have these chairs.” After a sarcastic “Yeah sure” from Goldberg, Behar insisted, “You act like it's not true, it was true, these are new chairs.” Goldberg agreed with Behar but admitted that she still didn’t like the new chairs, “They’re not new to my behind, because my behind doesn’t fit in this chair as I have mentioned many times. The other one, my butt fit on, but it was not good for you. So, we give what we can.” With that, Goldberg ended the segment, which was initially on McConnell and soon became about chairs on ‘The View.’