Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Swifties skewer Chris Russo after he slams Travis Kelce for 'bouncing around the world' with Taylor Swift

2023-11-23 18:25
Chris Russo slammed Travis Kelce on ESPN's ‘First Take’ for visiting Taylor Swift in Argentina on his bye-week
Swifties skewer Chris Russo after he slams Travis Kelce for 'bouncing around the world' with Taylor Swift

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Travis Kelce, Kansas City Chiefs tight end, had a subpar performance during Monday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

According to Chris 'Mad Dog' Russo, Kelce's recent trip to Argentina during his bye week to see his girlfriend, Taylor Swift in Buenos Aires, Argentina, was an unwise decision.

In the following game, Kelce only managed to catch the ball seven times for a total of 44 yards in the 21-17 loss to the Eagles.

Russo criticized Kelce on ESPN's 'First Take', stating that he should have spent his free time in a more low-key manner instead of traveling to South America.

What did Chris Russo say on 'First Take'?

Chris began by saying, “How about Travis Kelce? You're going to Argentina — during your bye week! It's 5,600 miles away from Kansas City.

"And then he goes out there on Monday night, he drops a huge pass on fourth-and-2, he commits a hold and he fumbles! You're bouncing around the world with Taylor Swift, I mean my god, you're a football player. You should be at workouts and practicing.”

“Swift in February, fine. Not in November!” he added.

When Kimberley A Martin, Russo's co-host on the show, said that Swifties might be now coming for him, he said, “Let them come after me!”

On Week 10, the Kansas City Chiefs had a bye and Travis Kelce attended Taylor Swift's concert on the Eras Tour at Estadio Monumental (River Plate Stadium) in Buenos Aires on November 11.

He was spotted next to Scott Swift, the star's father, during the performance.

After the show, Swift went over to her boyfriend and they shared a hug and a kiss.

On the day of Russo's outburst, Jon 'Stugotz' Weiner forewarned Kelce that Chiefs fans and supporters would eventually turn against him.

Weiner stated on ‘The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz’, “I've got a message for Travis Kelce, Dan, because he's a friend of mine and I am telling you right now, he doesn't know this is about to happen but it is about to happen.”

He argued, “They lose more games, he has a drop, he has a big fumble in that game and a big turnover. Chiefs fans are going to start doubting Travis Kelce.”

“Back to Travis - I'm telling you it is coming. Chiefs fans are going to come down on him on Sports radio because he is not as focused as years past,” he added.

Weiner concluded, saying, “He's one of the leaders of the team, one of the captains of the team, everyone is going criticize him and say you have lost your focus.”

Kelce and the Chiefs will look to bounce back and get into the win column against the Las Vegas Raiders this Sunday.

Swifties react to 'Mad Dog' Russo's comments on social media

Swifties weren't too pleased with Chris Russo's hot take on Travis' personal life, as it’s not the first time Russo has spoken out against the highly publicized relationship.

During a September episode of 'First Take', the animated NFL host could not believe the 12-time Grammy-award-winning hitmaker was sitting with Kelce’s family in a suite early in their relationship.

“And who takes their girlfriend two minutes into a relationship to visit mommy and daddy? Nobody does that!” Russo ranted at the time.

He added, “Then we have to show them walking out. And that, all of a sudden she’s a big Kansas City Chiefs fan? She’s never heard of Lenny Dawson! Oh my God!”

One person commented: "I'm pretty sure he is attending his practices. I don't think andy reed would be happy if he wasn't"

Another person remarked: "Let the guy live his life, they had a bye week, he can do whatever he wants, just because he had a bad week playing doesn’t mean it had anything to do with him visiting Taylor Swift. To all these sports casters and sports writers, it seems all you want to do is bring this guy down. Get a life and maybe enjoy yours like he’s enjoying his."

Another user wrote: "He's acting like no other football player has ever taken a quick trip during a bye week."

One user quipped, "Funny how many people think putting your noise into someone else's life is needed or wanted. Do you and your life stay out of other people's business."

Another person snarked: "He is a grown man so please mind your own".

Another user said, "Let that man and woman live their lives. Both under the spotlight all of the time and are happy. Who are we to judge?"

One user commented, "Bye week, settle down".

And finally, a person stated, "Who says football players can't have some fun in the offseason? It's all about balance, my friend."

Tags news