Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Tina Turner remained resilient despite looking weak and in need of assistance during her last public appearance

2023-05-25 13:56
The world caught a glimpse of this during her final public appearance at the opening night of 'Tina - The Tina Turner Musical' in NYC in 2019
Tina Turner remained resilient despite looking weak and in need of assistance during her last public appearance

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Prior to her heartbreaking death, the iconic rock 'n' roll legend Tina Turner appeared frail and relied on assistance while walking in her final public photographs. The world caught a glimpse of this during her final public appearance at the opening night of 'Tina - The Tina Turner Musical' in New York City in November 2019.

During the event, Tina was frequently photographed sitting down, and she received assistance from her husband, Erwin Bach, and Oprah Winfrey while making her way along the red carpet. In March 2021, Tina expressed her enthusiasm on Twitter for her personal documentary, although she appeared frail while standing in front of a large-screen television. Despite her physical challenges, Tina remained resilient and continued to engage with her fans, sharing her excitement for the project.

READ MORE

Tina Turner funeral plans revealed: Private ceremony to be attended by close friends and family

‘Keep on rocking’: Tina Turner beamed as she received Rock and Roll Hall of Fame trophy in final public appearance

Tina Turner appeared frail during her last public appearance

One of Turner's last public photos happened in March 2021, when she was pictured watching the premiere of her HBO documentary. "Only 5 days left! This Saturday, the documentary 'TINA' will be released. I am so excited to share this movie with you – seeing the concert scenes made me relive some of the proudest moments of my life. I simply had to sing along and dance around my living room!' she wrote on Twitter.

The world had its final glimpse of Tina Turner in 2021

Seven months later, the world had its ultimate glimpse of the renowned singer as she was officially inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Although Turner did not attend the ceremony in Cleveland, Ohio, she contributed to the event by recording a video message, leaving her lasting imprint on this prestigious accolade. "If they're still giving me awards at 81, I must have done something right," Turner said through a pre-recorded video message, broadcast on October 30, 2021. "I'm very happy to have this."

She posted a photo of her receiving the award the day after, saying, "As you can surely tell from my beaming smile: I am thrilled to now be officially inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist. What an honor! I am grateful to so many beloved people who believed in me and stood by me on my journey here – especially you, my fans. Keep on rocking! Love, Tina."