Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Is he gonna blame Amber again?' Johnny Depp shredded for arriving late at Cannes presser for latest film

2023-05-18 22:21
Johnny Depp apparently got stuck in traffic and also missed the photo call with director Maiwenn and the rest of the cast of 'Jeanne du Barry'
'Is he gonna blame Amber again?' Johnny Depp shredded for arriving late at Cannes presser for latest film

CANNES, FRANCE: Johnny Depp was heavily mocked on social media after he arrived 40 minutes late to the press conference of his latest film ‘Jeanne du Barry’ that opened at the Cannes Film Festival on Tuesday, May 16. The ‘Fantastic Beasts’ star’s late arrival even forced the event to start 27 minutes behind schedule, and that too without him.

Depp got stuck in traffic along the Croisette and also missed the photo call with director Maïwenn and the rest of the star cast of 'Jeanne du Barry', as per Variety. Starring Depp as King Louis XV, the long-anticipated movie marks his comeback to acting after a three-year absence due to his extensive legal fights with ex-wife Amber Heard, which concluded in Depp winning a defamation trial in the United States. Following the actor’s late arrival, the photographers were told that he would return to take pictures later in the afternoon.

READ MORE

'I don't have much further need for Hollywood': Johnny Depp reveals after 'Jeanne Du Barry' premiere

'That's not Dior Sauvage breath': Fans disgusted by Johnny Depp's 'rotting' and 'brown' teeth

'What a joke of a person'

Depp’s late arrival garnered immense attention on social media. While many backed the actor, several criticized his reported prior tendencies of being disrespectful and unpunctual on set. The actor is alleged to have lost his well-known ‘Pirates of The Caribbean’ franchise for the same reasons, according to Koi Moi. “He does not respect his colleagues. Almost an hour late and he didn’t even watch his own ~glorious comeback movie~. What a joke of a person,” a user wrote while another said, “Is he gonna blame it on Amber again?.”

“He was in his trailer doing lines of coke and drinking mega-pints groupies and lost track of time. Happens every day when you are Johnny Depp,” a tweet read. “Can’t even show up on time for the press conference of his comeback movie. No one is surprised,” a troll reacted, while another said, “Proving every day that he lost jobs because of his conduct, and not an op-ed that didn’t even name him."

Johnny Depp receives 7-minute standing ovation

This came just a day after the ‘City of Lies’ star received a 7-minute standing ovation as he walked the red carpet at the opening of the 76th Cannes Film Festival in France. "For a couple of seconds, it scared me because we were stuck in a loop. We were standing and the applause and reaction from the audience... the energy from their reaction seemed to go on and on. We are all sort of mommies and daddies of the film,” he said, according to Hindustan Times. He continued, “Maïwenn, of course, this is her baby but I was very proud to see the comeuppance of the result of good work. I haven't seen the thing, but I know it's good because they said so. I trust them."

Tags news