Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What is Dr Phil's net worth? TV host launches Merit Street Media network after exiting iconic daytime show

2023-11-07 18:26
McGraw encourages his followers to actively engage with the show by suggesting topics they want to see covered
What is Dr Phil's net worth? TV host launches Merit Street Media network after exiting iconic daytime show

DALLAS, TEXAS: With a net worth estimated at $460 million in 2023, as per AOL, Phil McGraw, famously known as 'Dr. Phil', is taking his career in a new direction.

Recently, the 73-year-old TV host made a surprising announcement by stepping down from his iconic show after 21 Seasons. In the wake of this change, he's set to launch his own network, Merit Street Media, and a new primetime show titled 'Dr. Phil Primetime'.

'Dr. Phil' announces exciting primetime show

In a video message on X (formerly Twitter), McGraw, accompanied by his wife of 47 years, Robin McGraw, revealed his new venture. The talk show host, in his characteristic style, addressed his fans, exclaiming, "Hey, remember me? You know when it got to the end of the last season, I said 'I'm coming back.' Well I indicated that there was some news coming and here it is. I'm coming back in primetime on a whole new network that's called Merit Street Media."

'Dr. Phil Primetime' is set to air starting on Monday, February 24, next year, at 5 PM (PST) / 8 PM (EST), with the show filmed in Dallas in front of a live studio audience. He added that it is "our network" claiming, "This is something that's going to be focused entirely on what's important to you." McGraw encourages his followers to actively engage with the show by suggesting topics they want to see covered.

Dr. Phil's transition from daytime TV marks end of an illustrious chapter

The move comes after McGraw announced that Season 21 of his daytime talk show would be his last, with the final episode airing in May. Although CBS planned to continue airing the show through syndication until 2024, McGraw expressed, "I have been blessed with over 25 wonderful years in daytime television. With this show, we have helped thousands of guests and millions of viewers through everything from addiction and marriage to mental wellness and raising children," Variety reports.

"This has been an incredible chapter of my life and career, but while I'm moving on from daytime, there is so much more I wish to do." 'Dr. Phil' was created by McGraw and Oprah Winfrey, with its first episode airing in September 2002. Throughout its 21 seasons on CBS, the show received an impressive total of 31 Daytime Emmy Award nominations.

Tags news