Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why Jinger Duggar Vuolo didn’t participate in Shiny Happy People: Duggar family secrets

2023-06-11 02:49
Why Jinger Duggar Vuolo didn’t participate in Shiny Happy People: Duggar family secrets

Jinger Duggar Vuolo is prepared to tell her side of the story—but on her own terms.

The 19 Kids and Counting alum shared the reason why she turned down appearing in Prime Video's bombshell docu-series Shiny Happy People: Duggar Family Secrets, which details the controversies behind the Duggar family.

"I was actually approached and asked to participate in the docuseries, but I thought that from my perspective, I really wanted to make sure that I was able to share my story in my own words and in my own timing," Jinger told People in an article published June 5. "So that's why I wrote Becoming Free Indeed, was to share more of my journey out of IBLP's teachings."

IBLP, known as the Institute in Basic Life Principles, is a non-denominational Christian organization followed by Jinger's parents, Jim Bob Duggar and Michelle Duggar. The organization teaches female submission and obedience, homeschooling and conservative religious beliefs.

Jinger said she's "heard a little about" Duggar Family Secrets from Jill, noting that she's "excited to hear what [Jill] has to say, even in this documentary."