Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'We got you': Britney Spears fans rejoice as 'The Woman in Me' becomes highest-selling celebrity memoir in history

2023-10-25 21:27
Britney Spears explosive tell-all became the highest-selling celebrity memoir in history on the first day of its release
'We got you': Britney Spears fans rejoice as 'The Woman in Me' becomes highest-selling celebrity memoir in history

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Britney Spears took to Instagram on October 24 to share the news of her new book 'The Woman in Me' becoming the highest-selling celebrity memoir in history on the first day of its release.

The 'Baby One More Time' singer elatedly announced to her 42.3 million fans and followers, "It’s happening!!! My book is the highest selling celebrity memoir in history and it’s only day 1 !!! Thank you to the fans who have been so supportive !!! Love you all !! #TheWomanInMe @gallerybooks @simonandschuster."

In the post, she uploaded a photo of the book cover and included a short reel in which the words, "My story. On my terms. At last," appeared on the screen.

The audio version of the book was also released on the same day, narrated by Oscar-nominated actress Michelle Williams, much to the delight of fans and listeners.

Spears recorded a small introductory section of the memoir as the later chapters which discussed her family were "too painful to retell," according to TMZ.

What is 'The Woman in Me' about?

The 41-year-old star opens up about her 13-year conservatorship, relationship with her family, as well as fame and marriages to Kevin Federline and Sam Asghari, in her memoir.

In an excerpt obtained by People before the book was out, Spears made the bombshell revelation that she had an abortion with Justin Timberlake, whom she dated from 1999 to 2002.

She was later married to Federline till 2007, and shares two children with him - Sean Preston, 18, and Jayden, 17.

"I don't know if that was the right decision. If it had been left up to me alone, I never would have done it. And yet Justin was so sure that he didn't want to be a father," Spears wrote, adding that having the abortion was "one of the most agonizing things I have ever experienced in my life."

A source reportedly told the Daily Mail, "Justin has not reached out to Britney at all about any of this and he is not going to because there is nothing he can say to her. She was there and is just telling it from her point of view. That does not mean he is okay with it. Justin is not at all happy about what has come out in this book."

Internet rallies behind Britney Spears

Netizens have showered their love and support for Britney after her massively successful book launch.

"Britney, you're a record-breaking icon! Your memoir is a beacon of hope, inspiring those who felt voiceless. Your story of resilience will empower generations. You're a true queen, Britney, and your reign is just beginning!" a tweet read.

"You're welcome Britney Spears,.. We gat you, anytime," another assured.

"You deserve it. And thank you for sharing your story with us. Congratulations on another record, queen!" someone else gushed.

"Only the princess of pop can do that," a fan said.

"She deserves the world omg," another added.

Tags news