Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Charlie Shahnaian? Tori Spelling's ex-husband opens up about her tumultuous relationship with mother Candy

2023-08-20 03:23
'Both women are not great at mending fences with each other so to see them together,' said Charlie Shahnaian
Who is Charlie Shahnaian? Tori Spelling's ex-husband opens up about her tumultuous relationship with mother Candy

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Tori Spelling’s ex-husband recently talked about the TV personality's troubled relationship with her mother Candy.

Charlie Shahnaian said that the star was given ‘conditional’ affection and she always ‘longed for love.’

The 'Beverly Hills 90210' alum's bond with her mother further deteriorated after her Hollywood producer father left a chunk of his $600 million fortune to his wife and Tori only got $800,000.

Did Candy offer her daughter Tori Spelling conditioned love?

“You would hope the majority of children grew up with a parent, especially a mother who just has unconditional love. They can be strict, they can be demanding, they can be challenging to deal with but you know it deep down,” Shahnaian told Daily Mail.

“For me, with Candy, there was conditional love and it felt like conditional love for Tori as well.”

Shahnaian who was married to Tori from 2002 to 2005. He continued, “People have an image of how wonderful her life must have been, especially as a child.”

"Yes, it was wonderful in a sense. To have snow imported on your lawn for Christmas morning, to be able to go on shows that your father created if your dream is to be an actor... but it was not warm and fuzzy," he added.

He also talked about Tori’s closeness with her nanny Margaret and many believe she named her daughter Hattie Margaret after her.

“She got a lot of love from her nanny, who she was friends with till the day [Margaret] died. When I first met her, that's who she was wanted to tell me about,” Shahnaian recalled.

"She would tell me about how she would sleep in her nanny’s room. She had her own giant room, but she would crawl into her nanny's room and sleep in there," he added.

How close was Tori with her father Aaron Spelling?

The writer talked about Tori’s father too and the love she received from him. “She was just the light of his life and she knew that. She wasn't just this unloved child at all,” said Shahnaian.

“There was a lot of love between her father, her mother loved her, and her nanny. But she did feel boxed into a lifestyle, and depiction of a lifestyle, that she didn't choose for herself.”

But, in the recent times, the mother-daughter duo have made efforts to amend their differences. “I think over the years she's realized. This is just who my mother is. I can connect with her in another way,’" he said.

Shahnaian continued, “Both women are not great at mending fences with each other so to see them together that shows a real sign of just mature love from Tori.”

Tags news