Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Asteroid City' band The Ranch Hands features Seu Jorge and Jarvis Cocker

2023-06-20 17:45
Yes, Seu Jorge and Jarvis Cocker are in Asteroid City. Wes Anderson's latest desert-bound adventure
'Asteroid City' band The Ranch Hands features Seu Jorge and Jarvis Cocker

Yes, Seu Jorge and Jarvis Cocker are in Asteroid City.

Wes Anderson's latest desert-bound adventure features a constant band of music-makin' cowboys led by double-denim-clad Montana (Rupert Friend). In this band, called The Ranch Hands, you'll find Jorge (who also featured prominently in Anderson's The Life Aquatic as the crew member singing David Bowie covers in Portuguese) and Pulp frontman Jarvis Cocker.

In a behind-the-scenes clip from Focus Features, you can watch the band join June Douglas' (Maya Hawke) class of alien-obsessed students, including one who has written the absolute humdinger of a song "Dear Alien (Who Art In Heaven)", written by Cocker and Richard Hawley.

"Wes and I met when he was showing one of his films in London and he asked me to play some records at the party," Cocker told Scottish newspaper The Scotsman. "He became friends when I was living in Paris for a while and he had just moved there."

"Myself and Richard Hawley have written a song for his new film Asteroid City," he added. "I’ve got a small cameo role in the film as a cowboy, so there you are, dreams do eventually come true."

Asteroid City opened in select theaters June 16, and is expanding globally on June 23. Read Mashable's review.

Tags epcelebs