Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Good to see him once more': Fans gush over on-screen tribute by 'White Man Can't Jump' cast for late Lance Reddick

2023-05-20 16:15
Lance Reddick was part of the 2023 remake of the 1992 classic 'White Man Can't Jump'
'Good to see him once more': Fans gush over on-screen tribute by 'White Man Can't Jump' cast for late Lance Reddick

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The ‘White Men Can’t Jump’ cast has decided to pay an on-screen tribute to the late actor Lance Reddick, who was also part of the 2023 remake of the 1992 classic of the same name. The ‘John Wick’ actor, who was loved by all and sundry, died on March 17, 2023, in his Studio City home.

TMZ reported that the team of the film will be paying an on-screen tribute to Lance Reddick, who played the character of Benji Allen. According to the ‘Bosch’ actor’s publicist, Mia Hansen, Reddick died “suddenly … from natural causes,” as per The Hollywood Reporter. ‘White Men Can't Jump’ is a remake of the 1992 classic of the same name starring Woody Harrelson and Wesley Snipes. The movie was released on Friday, May 19 on Hulu.

READ MORE

How did Lance Reddick die? 'John Wick' star, 60, shared a cute post about 4 pet dogs a day before death

John Wick' star Lance Reddick's cause of death revealed weeks after he was found dead at his California home

'That was damn near perfect'

In an interview with Los Angeles Times, director Charles “Calmatic” Kidd II reminisced about working with the ‘John Wick’ veteran, "As director, it was weird because I’m so used to giving actors notes. But for [Lance], I was like, 'Man, I don’t have any notes. That was damn near perfect'.” He further highlighted what he learned from the character actor, “So I think what I learned from him was the importance of prep."

Kidd further elaborated, "I feel like when he came onto the set, he was just so prepared and knew exactly what to do and knew all the nuances of his character that he just knocked [it] out the park the first time,” before concluding, “I don’t think we realize how good we had it for him to be a part of this film."

Jack Harlow, too, in an interview with Entertainment Tonight celebrated working with the ‘The Wire’ star. Harlow, who plays the role of Jeremy in the 2023 remake, shared that it “was an absolute pleasure to be around” Reddick. Sharing “I got about two days on set with Lance,” the ‘They Don’t Love It’ singer said. “I’m so glad you brought the legend up. Rest in peace to Lance.”

'It was good to see Lance Reddick once more'

One fan was not happy with the tribute as he felt it was disrespectful to dedicate such a "bad" movie to Lance Reddick, "It's disrespectful Lance Reddick to have dedicated this rubbish to him. This remake is so bad."

Another fan mourned, "Watching the new”White Men Can’t Jump” and i’m so sad Lance Reddick is gone! He looked so healthy and energetic! RIP King!"

The third said, "Watching white men can’t jump and i just wanna say that i really miss lance reddick.

Someone else said, "I know I said I wasn't going to watch the White Men Can't Jump remake but I did. It's beautiful to look at but the acting is meh (Jack Harlow's stood out though) and it's low on soul despite its use of sports tropes. Yes, it was good to see Lance Reddick once more. 4/10."

Another fan commented, "The opening scene of white men can’t jump with Lance Reddick where he said he’ll always be here, that messed me up a little bit."

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news