Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Will Harry and Meghan Markle break up? Truth behind rumors as 'American Sussex Squad' defend couple on social media

2023-07-25 17:54
'However, there have been rumors circulating in recent months that the fallout from Spare ... has put a strain on them,' said author Kati Nicholl
Will Harry and Meghan Markle break up? Truth behind rumors as 'American Sussex Squad' defend couple on social media

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: A group of Twitter users, known as the 'American Sussex squad' has united in a show of solidarity to defend Prince Harry and Meghan Markle amidst ongoing rumors about the state of their marriage. Speculation arose following the release of Prince Harry's memoir 'Spare', leading some to question the future of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's relationship.

Reports suggested that Prince Harry, 38, had sought a hotel room for some space and time away from his wife Meghan. On July 18, reports emerged about Harry and Meghan's alleged rough patch, claiming that the couple was "taking time apart." An insider reportedly stated, "They're trying to figure out what hit them. Harry doesn't fit in Meghan's tacky Tinseltown world."

Will Harry and Meghan Markle break up?

Prince Harry and Meghan first met on a blind date in July 2016 and tied the knot in May 2018. They are parents to two children, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, four, and Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor, two. The rumors intensified when news of Harry and Meghan's $20 million deal with Spotify came to an end recently.

With Meghan's alleged difficulties in selecting guests for her show and Harry reportedly expressing interest in inviting controversial figures like Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin, and Mark Zuckerberg, lead to disagreements with Spotify execs.

'Britain really turned against him'

Despite the swirling rumors, a separate source informed that the couple is still together and happily married. Kati Nicholl, author of 'The New Royals' spoke about her experiences with the couple, saying, "Whenever I've been with them as a couple, who are very, very close – [have] a sort of spark between them that always struck me as being very authentic," Nicholl told Page Six.

“However, there have been rumors circulating in recent months that the fallout from Spare, which is pretty epic for Prince Harry who had Britain really turned against him, his home country; he’s really not welcomed here,” she said. “[The book has] left a bad taste in people’s mouths. It’s further alienated him from his friends and his family and I think, inevitably, that has put a strain on them.”

What's the American Sussex Squad?

A group of Twitter users who have dubbed themselves the 'American Sussex Squad' have been tweeting in defence of the couple during these troubling times. These devoted fans of the former royal couple quickly came to their defense amid the swirling rumors of a potential break-up. One user tweeted, "Royalist will never stop abusing this couple. Never." Another added, "This is another way of them spreading the ‘Break up’ lies. They just threw in the Harry and Meghan fans are defending them to expand on the lies they created. #ToxicTabloidReporters." A third claimed, "I’d say we aren’t defending, we are clarifying. To defend would invoke the act of changing the narrative, when in fact it was the ‘free press’ who created the entire incorrect rhetoric in the first place." Another asserted, "Correction: Sussex worldwide fans correct diffuse and dismiss breakup lies perpetuated by the press and gossip mongers who masquerade as journalists."

"I totally agree. Why wouldn’t we defend #HarryandMeghan their children and Dora. The false narrative/lies are not going to break them and with our continued support and prayers H&M, their children and Dora are Blessed and Highly Favoured by God!" read one tweet.