Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What made Billie Eilish's 'Bad Guy' an overnight success? Singer celebrates selling 10 million units

2023-08-02 05:54
'Forever and ever grateful for this silly little song man. love you guys so much its stupid,' wrote Billie Eilish
What made Billie Eilish's 'Bad Guy' an overnight success? Singer celebrates selling 10 million units

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Billie Eilish is ‘grateful’ for the love bestowed by her admirers for her 2019 smash hit 'Bad Guy', the song from her debut album. On Monday, July 31, she took onto Instagram and shared that her 2019 song has achieved another milestone. “diamond…….HUUUUUHHHHHHH???? forever and ever grateful for this silly little song man. love you guys so much its stupid @finneas,” she captioned while tagging her brother and the producer of the track and the album.

The Diamond certification is given to singles or albums that have gone past a minimum of 10,000,000 units. The recognition was given by the Record Industry Association of America's highest recognition. Meanwhile, Finneas shared her post on his Instagram Story, and wrote, "This is f*****g crazy actually."

What made Billie Eilish's 'Bad Guy' an overnight success?

The 21-year-old singer-songwriter released her debut album ‘When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?’ in 2019, and she became the most popular voice in the industry topping the all charts. The song ‘Bad Guy’ hit the number 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100, and remained there for a record 49 weeks. Moreover, it went on to win a Grammy for record and songs of the year, according to People.

'I'm writing for myself and I don't even know it'

Eilish latest song was for the movie, ‘Barbie' is called ‘What Was I Made For?’. The singer talked about the process with Apple Music 1, "The start of writing this song, the first day of writing, Finneas and I, especially me because it's from my perspective, we were purely only thinking about Barbie," Eilish revealed. "I did not think about myself once in the writing process. So that's the full first verse, pre-chorus, chorus, maybe second verse, all in one night," she added.

The 'Ocean Eyes' crooner said she was ‘purely inspired’ by the flick, its take on 'Barbie', and imagining how the character would feel. Interestingly, she realized that the song was really about her, "I really don't mean this to come off a conceited way at all, but I do this thing where I make stuff that I don't even know is ... like I'm writing for myself and I don't even know it," she said. "It is one of the most incredible things I get to experience in my life. Dude, the next week I was playing it in the car all day and playing it for everybody. And I was like, 'This is exactly how I feel. And I didn't even mean to be saying it'," she added.